Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

P90x

what are you trying to do? for overall fitness its probably ok but for building muscle its not going to be verry good.

Just get in shape and look good. They do weights cant I just up the weight amount?

for that goal it may be a good place to start. do it and see what happens. just follow what it says to do. through time and trial and error you will learn what works for you and what doesnt.

honestly, there is too much shit out there about training techniques/methods. Like Joe said, you got to find what works for you. Theres no reason to do anything fancy especially if your new to training.

P90X is just dumb. VERY HYPED. OVERBLOWN. NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Easy to get hurt. I'd personally like to slap the idiot in the face that created this system. Like a 40 year old woman needs to do plyometrics? WTF? Just a really lame system. If you need direction just play it safe with lifting and cardio.

I am doing the program right now and am very happy with my results.

Dropped 6 lbs in 60 days and I look a lot more fit. My goals are increased overall fitness and endurance. I am more of a cyclist/runner/team sports guy (soccer/softball/touch football/etc.) So for me - I don't want to gain huge amounts of muscle - just lean, fast muscle.

Like other people are saying - it depends on your goals. If you are trying to trying to look like a bodybuilder this is not a good workout program.

If you want great overall fitness and endurance this is a great system.

Future - in the plyo video Tony Hortot says at the beginning if plyo is too much just do another form of cardio and throughout all the programs he tells you to listen to your body and adjust accordingly.

Both myself and the other half do p90x...
you really only get out of it what you put into it..
you can go lower weights higher reps
or higher weights lower reps..

its actually the only thing we both haven't gotten bored with..
its an hr a day (or a little longer) 6 (really seven if you do stretch) day a week program..

if its hard for you to stay disciplined and you can manage excellent form...I actually would have to say I recomend it. I don't seem to notice I'm drenched in sweat by the end of every single workout and cardio x is pretty much the only cardio I've ever kept up with in my life aside from track in high school.
but its not something for building a large mass competing body type with
the only workout I cant stand in the set is the yoga...I like yoga too, just not this muddied variety

my fiance actually built pretty nice muscle tone with the program going with higher weights..I would say get free weights tho not bands and get a pull up tower not just the door frame bar. It overhypes "muscle confusion" but its got interesting stuff in it and we both built up muscle..its not a bad starting point.
This 32 yr old woman regained lost balance from a knee and pelvic injury from a little sandbox in the middle east with plyo....the 34 yr old fiance finally overcame a spinal injury from the same sandbox with legs and back...so it has its place.
sorry I ramble...

it can be downloaded on utorrent for the record ...for free

also...I wanted to add....
I do totally get what future is saying but you can get hurt with just straight up cardio and lifting...but it IS overhyped, muscle confusion isn't new theory. I happen to like it because it keeps me from being bored.

just p90x works out for us because
a. we have a gym at home with both a cable machine set up and free weights and
b. we have no commercial gyms within an hr from our house and
c. I can't afford a personal trainer so this helped me out quite a bit for ideas that I otherwise wouldn't have sought out on my own
and plyo is just fun!

Top Bottom