Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Interesting thing about today's workout!

coolcolj

I felt low energy at the start of the workout

I banged out 5x2 160lb midthigh hang powercleans, they all felt crappy. Missed the 6th set - just high pulled it. Blah

Then did high bar dynamic box squats (12inch box - inch below parallel) with 185lbs 6x3.
Then did 2x6 speed sumo deads with 185lbs - resetting after each rep with a 5sec rest.

Anyway I decided to powerclean the 185lbs after the sumo deads, kinda pissed off at these bench press freaks nearby, and the frigging thing flew up! I ended up doing 6x2 and all were racked with straight legs, and even then the bar was another 2 inches above my shoulders - crashing down. I even did these in my BBall shoes.

What gives?! I thought I'd be tired after the box squats and sumo deads. But felt really energised..
Strange!

perhaps I should use Speed Sumo deads at the start of the workout in future :)

your hip flexors and abs were warmed from the deads as well as your hamstrings from the squats, when I am going to clean or snatch for that matter I always start with 2x10 overhead squats followed by hands free front squats followed by drop squats...I would never make an explosive move like a clean without a ton of hip and total joint warm up, oh and a question why do mention that you racked the weight with straight legs as if it was a good thing...the most important part of the clean or snatch is the ability to drop explosively, it is what makes big weight possible

CoolColJ said:
I felt low energy at the start of the workout

I banged out 5x2 160lb midthigh hang powercleans, they all felt crappy. Missed the 6th set - just high pulled it. Blah

Then did high bar dynamic box squats (12inch box - inch below parallel) with 185lbs 6x3.
Then did 2x6 speed sumo deads with 185lbs - resetting after each rep with a 5sec rest.

Anyway I decided to powerclean the 185lbs after the sumo deads, kinda pissed off at these bench press freaks nearby, and the frigging thing flew up! I ended up doing 6x2 and all were racked with straight legs, and even then the bar was another 2 inches above my shoulders - crashing down. I even did these in my BBall shoes.

What gives?! I thought I'd be tired after the box squats and sumo deads. But felt really energised..
Strange!

perhaps I should use Speed Sumo deads at the start of the workout in future :)

What's a "Bench Press Freak" and why did they piss you off?

Joker

Re: Re: Interesting thing about today's workout!

JOKER47 said:

What's a "Bench Press Freak" and why did they piss you off?

Joker

You know, the kids with the visors & khakis who do 3 sets of 5 'assisted' reps with 135, resting for 5 min between sets, etc.

Re: Re: Re: Interesting thing about today's workout!

BeefyBull said:

You know, the kids with the visors & khakis who do 3 sets of 5 'assisted' reps with 135, resting for 5 min between sets, etc.

Ooohhhh.....Those guys......Thanks.:D

Joker

Well when you lift with crappy bars that don't rotate properly, plus metal plates and no platform, I have to take the safe route, and that means real high catches with lighter weights :(
Thus the straight legs catch. ALthough once I start using 205lbs more regularly I'll have to dip a bit.

The Bench press freaks were actually these two guys. One hogged the decline and the other a power rack - benching in it. They alternated spotting each other. Must have done 12+ sets . doing some fairly heavy weights over 275-295lbs bounching off the chest. One was a stick and the other had all pecs and biceps :)

Nothing too wrong with that but, they must have thought I was "crazy" doing these dive bombing Sumo deads - which annoyed me :D

CoolColJ said:
The Bench press freaks were actually these two guys. One hogged the decline and the other a power rack - benching in it. They alternated spotting each other. Must have done 12+ sets . doing some fairly heavy weights over 275-295lbs bounching off the chest. One was a stick and the other had all pecs and biceps :)

Nothing too wrong with that but, they must have thought I was "crazy" doing these dive bombing Sumo deads - which annoyed me :D

You worry to much about the other guys in your gym, bro.:)

Joker

Top Bottom