Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increase overhead strength

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
I am in need to increase my overhead strength over the next 4 months. After doing chest and tri's...I can clean and press/jerk about 250lbs or so. My tri's and chest are very very tired by this point...and feelt that I could press more if I did shoulders on a seperate day...but for now I will probably stick to the same routine.

I was wondering if anyone out there had any good overhead strength routines that could be of good use.

Thanks...and I'll clean and jerk more than 315 sometime this year...that's my word.

B True

You have to do overhead on a separate day from chest/shoulders or do them first. You must always prioritize your primary goal.

I used to keep a separate day for the Olympic lifts. You could also combine with legs if you are unwilling to separate providing they aren't a limiting factor in your lifts.

I guess that I will need to seperate shoulder day from everything else soon...need to really focus on them. Wouldn't be too bad of a short workout if all I had to do was shoulders...not too bad at all.

B True

b fold, i also am a strongman competitor/powerlifter and they way i train shoulders is after my speed bench's i usually do overhead pushpress always trying to workup to a new record. on heavy bench day i usually do heavy side raises or crucifix hold. i have also tried working my shoulders by overhead pressing stones. this is a method that whit baskin told me to try.

Top Bottom