Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you warm up?

How often do you warmup?

• I never warm up

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I warm up occasionally

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I warm up for 1 rep before doing the full weight

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • I warm up for 2 reps before doing the full weight

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
I'm affraid to look at the poll results. There is no reason, besides STUPIDITY, that it shouldn't be 100% for people that warm up. You should always do some sort of warm up/stretching before any type of training PERIOD!!

PoonRaider said:
That sucks man. Thats why I'd rather tone than work with huge heavy weights. I do do some hypertrophy exercises, but I prefer toning. I love looking cut.

Just curious, how are you lifting to tone? High reps only?

I do a whole lot of warming up, enough that the muscle is warm but not enough that it is fatigued.
here are a couple examples
bench
95 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 5(working set)

squats
45 x 10
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 10(working set)

Forge said:
Just curious, how are you lifting to tone? High reps only?

Yeah. I'll usually warm up with about 50-60 reps for 1 set, then do about 3-4 sets of 20, sometimes 25. Thats when I'm toning.

Somedays I feel like toning, some days I feel like doing some hypertrophy.

When I'm doing hypertrophy, I'll do about 25-30 reps for 1 set, then do about 4 sets of 12.

I've mainly been working for getting toned for this summer. I want get really cut. . . I'm not really too worried about getting big, I have like 5 more years of growing to do.

Last edited:
needsize said:
I do a whole lot of warming up, enough that the muscle is warm but not enough that it is fatigued.
here are a couple examples
bench
95 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 5(working set)

squats
45 x 10
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 10(working set)

Goddamn! You sound like one big mofo! This is how I warm up on the bench press using DB's: (Remember I'm 17 and am all natural ;) )

40 lbs x 40 reps x 1 set
95 lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets

Would you suggest doing more warming up sets? I dunno if its really necessary since I'm using such 'dinky' weights :worried:
1 set seems to get me pretty warmed.

Last edited:
PoonRaider said:
Goddamn! You sound like one big mofo! This is how I warm up on the bench press using DB's: (Remember I'm 17 and am all natural ;) )

40 lbs x 40 reps x 1 set
95 lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets

Would you suggest doing more warming up sets? I dunno if its really necessary since I'm using such 'dinky' weights :worried:
1 set seems to get me pretty warmed.

I started at 14 years old and smaller than you, so we all start small bro. You can see from the pic in my avatar that being born small didnt mean I was meant to stay that way. Personally, I would say cut down the total # of reps, if I did 40 reps on any weight as a warmp up, it would probably cut my working weight in half. Myself, if I was doing your chest workout, I would do say 30lbs x 10, 50lbs x 8, 75lbs x 5, then your working sets. Thats enough to get the muscle warm, but not enough to fatigue it.

needsize said:
I started at 14 years old and smaller than you, so we all start small bro. You can see from the pic in my avatar that being born small didnt mean I was meant to stay that way. Personally, I would say cut down the total # of reps, if I did 40 reps on any weight as a warmp up, it would probably cut my working weight in half. Myself, if I was doing your chest workout, I would do say 30lbs x 10, 50lbs x 8, 75lbs x 5, then your working sets. Thats enough to get the muscle warm, but not enough to fatigue it.

Hey, thats a great idea. I'm gonna try that. Thanks for the info man. I used to warm up until I felt the burn, but that kind of fatigued my muscles. I'm definately going to try it the way you suggested to.
I just had Jaw surgery on 3/11/04 to correct my bite. Before surgery I weighed 148 5'9, I havn't been weighed since, but my doctor estimated I will lose 10-15 pounds of mainly fat, since I will be on a high protein diet for at least 6 weeks to allow the bone to heal. This is actually good news, since I am trying to get cut.

needsize said:

HOLY SHIT! LOL...I swear I thought he was just being a smart ass.......40 reps????????? I bench around 320 and I dont think I could hit the bar for 40 reps....at leasst w/o going suicidal...............geez...........

Top Bottom