Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

to do abs or not to do abs during bulking that is the ?

110%

it may seem like a dumb question to some ppl, but which do u prefer. i always hear conflicting views from some ppl that say not to do them during bulking b/c they will make ur midsection too big and mess up symmetry, but some say to always do them to keep them in best shape? which will produce the better 6-pack, what do u think?

Personally, i like to train them while bulking. My reason being I like that hypertrophed deeper look the muscle has when i diet.

many people don't like to do abs (or weighted ab exercises) during a bulking cycle, because it can cause the mid-section to appear more "bloated" than it truely is.

neither way will produce a "better" six pack. that will be determined by your bodyfat level and the size of your abs.

persons with larger abs (from doing weighted exercises) may not need to have as low bodfat levels for them to be as pronounced as someone who has smaller less muscular abs. that is one of the benefits of doing weighted vs non-weighted abdominal exercises. watch using heavy weights when training the obliques, they are almost impossible to reduce in size once they are over developed.

yea, someone else help me with this question also. I'm 5'10" and am bulking for the first time, and it's going great, i'm up to 168 from 154 and i've NEVER been able to gain weight. However I really seem to have a gut now which really just seems like bloat more than fat. Why the hell is that? I dont do abs that much but i do do them hoping the bloat will go away. i'm clueless!

doing mild cardio during a bulking phase can help to minimize fat gains.

if you are bulking and experiencing to much extra fat in the mid sectioin that is a sign of either eating to much above maintenance levels or not eating clean enough. watch the simple carb intake.

I do abs during a bulking cycle just because it adds to the overall fitness of the body and it is great for upping the intensity at the end of a workout.

I think the chances of your abs getting "too big", even while bulking are extremely remote. I would keep doing them.

Originally posted by Bodhidogma
why wouldnt you do abs?

a lot of bodybuilders do not train abs until they are cutting for a show. the abs are used heavly to stabilze a lot of standing movements especailly when training superheavy.

it does make sense for some since abs are made in the kitchen they aren't going to show until bodyfat levels are low enough.

Top Bottom