Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back and Traps

This is what we do.........

Deads 2 warmups, 135, 185
then 4 sets..........10,8,8,6

Dbell rows 3 sets, 10,10,8

Lat Pulldown (squeeze), 10,10,8
switch the handle for 3 more sets..........

Seated cable row 10,10

pullovers supersetted with hypers x 3

Shrug x 5

Looks like a lot, but its an hour workout.............thoughts?

wnt2bBeast said:
Had another thought, maybe this guy is happy with his size and musculature and is only seeking to maintain and if any new growth comes thats a plus?

DEFINATELY NOT THE CASE................

110% total meathead with muscle dyph.

workout looks good to me. I would just work in some barbell rows sometimes. Why the shrugs with back. I know they are a big part of the upper back, but why not with shoulders. Your lat work hits the lower trap, why not hit the upper with shoulders when you scortch your delts?

ive got a friend also, doesnt compete, but with a huuuge back and he doesnt deadlift over 315, and also keeps his squats relatively light. I think it might be a combination of not liking to train them and i guess risking injury. I myself like to go heavy on deads, and stay in a 5-8 rep range.

Diffrent strokes for different folks. I remember when I was starting off I would try to emulate workouts of a guy I knew that competed. He would go real slow and very light. That type of routine just didn't work for me. 10 years later, I'm now friends with him, and it freakin pisses me off how big he is, and knowing how light he goes. I't blows my mind that genetics can play such a large role in bb.

My back is my best bodypart. I just started doing T-bars again. They are awesome. I never went crazy heavy on back, never really needed to. I think genetics play a huge roll. Dumbell rows are my all time favorite. Nothing beats being able to really concentrate one side at a time.

cwick0 said:
workout looks good to me. I would just work in some barbell rows sometimes. Why the shrugs with back. I know they are a big part of the upper back, but why not with shoulders. Your lat work hits the lower trap, why not hit the upper with shoulders when you scortch your delts?

I switch deads and rows every other week.........

punch said:
My back is my best bodypart. I just started doing T-bars again. They are awesome. I never went crazy heavy on back, never really needed to. I think genetics play a huge roll. Dumbell rows are my all time favorite. Nothing beats being able to really concentrate one side at a time.

Punch ...you deadlift? How does your routine look?

I don't go real heavy on deads either, but I am not trying to gain size. As for this guy at your gym, it might be more to do with genetics.

Top Bottom