Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone Use Chains?

Illuminati

anybody on here use chains, or have any info on them? i have been using the bands in my workouts. I want to start incorporating chains as well. Question is what size links should i get, and how long?

thanks. im gonna see if maybe i can pick some chains up at home depot, or somewhere like that, and make that set up on my own. it would probably be cheaper that way. if not, guess ill shell out the $105 for them.

Illuminati said:
thanks. im gonna see if maybe i can pick some chains up at home depot, or somewhere like that, and make that set up on my own. it would probably be cheaper that way. if not, guess ill shell out the $105 for them.

Elite recommends 5/8 or 1/2, which you won't find at Home Depot. They have 3/8, so if you go by the charts, just pick up enough to make the weights you need.

This is a good read, if you haven't already...

Accommodating Resistance

mattwray said:
Elite recommends 5/8 or 1/2, which you won't find at Home Depot. They have 3/8, so if you go by the charts, just pick up enough to make the weights you need.

This is a good read, if you haven't already...

Accommodating Resistance

thanks bro. i've read that article before. but it is always good to refresh.

the biggest chain that i could find on a roll was at ACE hardware. it was 3/8''. the price comes out to be the same as ordering from elitefts.com so i think im just gonna order them from there.

Illuminati said:
the biggest chain that i could find on a roll was at ACE hardware. it was 3/8''. the price comes out to be the same as ordering from elitefts.com so i think im just gonna order them from there.

for future reference you can get the 5/8 hella cheap by the bucket - but you can get like 5 sets or so out of it - so you have to find a couple dudes to go in on it with....

Becoming said:
for future reference you can get the 5/8 hella cheap by the bucket - but you can get like 5 sets or so out of it - so you have to find a couple dudes to go in on it with....

i haven't bought the chains yet. where can i go to get a bucket of them? i check some places last nite, and the biggest that i could find was 3/8 inch.

I know there are lots of places that sell it by the bucket/barrel on the net...
http://www.lacledechain.com/ - is an example - just call em up - tell em that you need 5/8s and the strength really doesnt matter, just the cheapest stuff they got (doesn't have to be stainless) and ask how much for a bucket of it... also ask what quantities you can order by (they have 5/8 proof coil in a half drum -75ft- that would probably work - but see what they reccommend)

if you look around see if you can find one by you... you can usually get the price down to 30-40 bucks a set if you can get some other peeps to go in with you (and most of the time you need more than one set anyways)

Also - there are places that sell used chain very cheap all over - but this takes more looking... I found one my me in Tucson on the net by accident (http://www.dolfzine.com/page447.htm) if you find a place like that - you can get single set cheap - and the chain is usually pretty clean too....

good luck bro - a little looking can save you some serious bucks on chain

Top Bottom