Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody do some serious mountain biking here?

Fonz

"Q"
Platinum
I just trashed ny Schwinn 3 days ago, going down the mountains near where I live. But damn, what an adrenaline rush...40mph going down a steep enclave full of trees and rocks, and mud.

I got this for my troubles when I fell on my shoulder:

Non-plats:

attachment.php

Your shoulder should meet my new Asscheek.

I wear full football pads and helmet whenever I go mountain biking. If I can get my speed up sometimes I'll leap from my bicycle and tackle a rider coming the opposite direction.

Seriously though, I've been mtn. biking about 10 times this year so far. I usually don't do the extreme hardcore stuff, but try to hit the intermediate courses a lot. I enjoy the gradual uphill climb over a long distance the best. It's definately a fun thing to do.

were you downhilling, or just hitting a decline on a XC ride?
I used to race XC, and one of the courses had this steep decline with lots of roots and rocks and stuff, but i just sucked up it up and blew down it, only to find a sharp turn at the bottom with sand everywhere... my bike just flew out from underneath me and my thigh got its ass kicked, much like your shoulder.

sigweed said:
were you downhilling, or just hitting a decline on a XC ride?
I used to race XC, and one of the courses had this steep decline with lots of roots and rocks and stuff, but i just sucked up it up and blew down it, only to find a sharp turn at the bottom with sand everywhere... my bike just flew out from underneath me and my thigh got its ass kicked, much like your shoulder.

Downhilling.

Damn path was all muddy, with trees and rocks on both sides. And the angle of inclination was like 30+ degrees. I went over a 15ft rockface at like 30-40mph and landed on a hard piece of mud and my axle, shock system and front brakes just went OUT......lol Which sent me flying over my handlebars and and runnign smack into a sort of bush, right side...hence the cuts.
Thank god for warranties......it was a composite Scwhinn frame. :)

been there, done that. Woodchuck popped out, I went flying face first, my right palm got it the worst though.

Last edited:
damn bro your frame broke? that's pretty fuckin hard to do.

i used to do a good deal of mountain biking, but sadly haven't been doing as much as i would like the past 2 years. the worst accident on trails that i've had, i was flying down a hill, hit a slight incline and was airborne, still flying downward. landed on my front wheel, which actually bent sideways at like a 60 degree angle, and pushed myself to the side to avoid crashing my crotch down on the frame. i was ripped up all over from that spill. the best part was seeing everyone's stares as i carried my bike all bloodied and muddied, with my shirt torn up.

PIGEON-RAT said:
i used to do a good deal of mountain biking, but sadly haven't been doing as much as i would like the past 2 years. the worst accident on trails that i've had, i was flying down a hill, hit a slight incline and was airborne, still flying downward. landed on my front wheel, which actually bent sideways at like a 60 degree angle, and pushed myself to the side to avoid crashing my crotch down on the frame. i was ripped up all over from that spill. the best part was seeing everyone's stares as i carried my bike all bloodied and muddied, with my shirt torn up.

I bet they were all still staring at your hideous face, not the bike and blood.

I dunno bout doin 40mph on mtn bike trails, very few non-pros could control a bike at that speed on dirt. I've done high 40's on a road bike but that's an entirely different ball of wax. Most maintained trails have a posted limit of 20mph anyway....you're lucky some tree huggin Sierra club zealot didn't send a lynch mob after you.

Top Bottom