Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any way to build upper inner chest?

frorider6

Original credit for photo given to Bartlrby.com Anatomy of Human Body

I have developed my outer and lower chest quite a bit, but can't seem to build the upper/inner area of my chest (circled in black). I've heard many times that you can't change the shape of a mucle, but I just can't believe that I'll always be stuck with this.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Do your inclines with a closer grip than flat presses.

Incline Cable Flyes are great for that, as are cross-overs.

Cornholio said:
Do your inclines with a closer grip than flat presses.

Incline Cable Flyes are great for that, as are cross-overs.

I switched from dumbbell incline press to bar incline press last week. I impressed the hell out of everyone in the gym when I did 2 sets 225 for 5 reps each. :D Anyway, I did try to keep a pretty narrow grip on the bar. Normally, I keep my elbows tucked in as far as possible and really try to push with my pecs. Should I flair my elbows a little bit more to try and hit that area.

frorider6 said:

I switched from dumbbell incline press to bar incline press last week. I impressed the hell out of everyone in the gym when I did 2 sets 225 for 5 reps each. :D Anyway, I did try to keep a pretty narrow grip on the bar. Normally, I keep my elbows tucked in as far as possible and really try to push with my pecs. Should I flair my elbows a little bit more to try and hit that area.

Go with a shoulder width grip on the bar ank keep elbow tucked in, but flex hard at the top.

Nice lift btw

....did you try that microwave idea I was telling you. I'm straight as shit on that it works.

Cornholio said:

Go with a shoulder width grip on the bar ank keep elbow tucked in, but flex hard at the top.

Nice lift btw

....did you try that microwave idea I was telling you. I'm straight as shit on that it works.

I think I was about shoulder width apart on that. I'll try to flex harder on the top from now on.

I didn't try to microwave thing. The injections are hurting less and less and it doesn't seem worth the hassle.

frorider6 said:

I think I was about shoulder width apart on that. I'll try to flex harder on the top from now on.

I didn't try to microwave thing. The injections are hurting less and less and it doesn't seem worth the hassle.

Good on the presses.

If it flares up again - try the microwave thing - I do it everytime now. Zero pain.

I've found incline presses on a smith machine with a narrow/medium grip work this area well. I set the bench so the bar touches my adams apple on bottom of the movement.

For some people it is beneficial to lower the inclination of the bench from 45 to 30 degrees. Try 5 * 8 dumbell presses and barbell presses with that angle for a while
:angel:

inner chest

hey, Id give standing cable crossovers a try along with narrow grip incline press they suggested. Really squeeze and make sure the negative portion ( when you bring your arms back out) are really slow to ensure you get everything out of it..

good luck, hope this helps

Top Bottom