Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ACE Personal Training

LaRita

Hi! I'm looking into getting certified for personal training. I've heard that ACE is on of the most popular certifications. Has anyone taken this exam? If so, how did you prepare (buy book, attend workshops...)? Right now, I'm in my senior year of physical therapy and I've worked at several sports/orthopedic clinics. Therefore, I think I have a pretty strong background on teaching proper techniques to clients and I know how to deal with people well. Please let me know what you thought about the materials you purchased, any classes you've taken, and how the actual test is... Thanks!

hi, i am deciding which PT association to go with myself, and i've heard, that the ACE exam is easy. i think i will go with ISSA, check out my posted thread on this subject, there are some replies to that. ISSA's technical support is great, during studying, as well as after certification, and their study material is very extensive, from what i've heard and seen in their info.

Here's my tip. Go into the exam drunk, high, and starving. The exam is a joke, especially for someone in your position. They do not ask anything, UNFORTUNATELY, on exercise description or demonstration. Which is really sad, cuz that means just about anyone can go out there and start training. Nor do they ask you any thing on program design. Why, I have no idea. You'll do fine. Buy the manual, read it once, and you should be golden. That's all I did. Go over the insurance and legality bullshit, cuz that's what is important to ACE:rolleyes: , whatever. ACE is popular, but not necessarily the best. Some good/respected ones are NASM, ACSM, and NSCA.

Top Bottom