Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yoga for fat loss

klarampts

A friend of mine does a lot of yoga, and she says that she lost a lot of weight with her yoga classes. I though that cardio like running is the one that burns fat - yoga seems kinda slow for fat loss. Is it possible to get leaner with yoga?

Yoga is exercising and a lifestyle in a way. It definitely burns calories.

Of course its not as effective in this sense as weightlifting and cardio, but still serves the purpose

you are still engaging muscles and exercising during yoga.. i'm not sure what kind of yoga you are thinking but the ones i have done are very hardcore where you are using body weight and you get a tough workout out of it

also yoga relieves your stress which is great for killing cortisol, which is a nasty hormone that makes fat loss harder

bottom line is if you walk into a yoga class and see a bunch of old geezers then its not the one for you. but if you walk in and see a lot of in shape hipsters then get ready for a workout

There is this thing that many highly underestimate - static exercises. When carried out properly, they can really stress the body and make you burn calories, and strengthen muscles without adding more mass. This is, in fact, why yoga's are usually lean.

Any form of exercise will burn calories and help burn body fat. People often think of things in a 'black and white' sort of mind but cardio does not have to be in a gym. You could do yoga, play street hockey, go for a walk outside etc.

I have done a lot of my cardio sessions outside when its nice out. I find it much more refreshing and a nice change of pace from always being in the gym.

Yoga is great. It burns calories and also increases flexibility. Stretching is something most of would benefit from doing more of.

The only thing I would add is try it! You will see for yourself how much you are sweating. You will quickly realize you can burn quite a few calories by doing yoga.

The three pillars of fitness are strength, flexibility and endurance. Yoga is great for building flexibility and endurance, but it won't do much for developing strength.

I think yoga is fantastic but I would still regularly incorporate strength training in your workout schedule to make you are effectively training all 3 pillars.

Top Bottom