pogo said:I just found an old Steeler album/record (vinyl) in my basement. It was my older brother's when he was at NYU. Signed by Yngwie along with the singer Ron Keel. Wonder if it's worth anything??
most likely not but kind of neat!
split endz said:No doubt Oogie is quite proficient, but his style kinda played to me. He uses alot of the same arpeggiated licks over and over. Last time I saw him was about a year ago, that dude has put on alot of weight... especially in his face... looks like a blowfish.
It might be because he has made that "oh... mr. Bill ! " face for so many years. You know, where he trys to look cool by raising his brows & puckering his lips.Subzeero said:i agree, his style is somewhat unorthodox. I haven't seen him recently but i am not surprised that he has a blowfish face now. His face always seemed like a bowl to me.
I saw him on that tour also (in Atlanta), where he did Eruption with teeth, also did some Hendrix with his teeth.kethnaab said:darn shame he started to mellow out as the years went on. his first 2 releases were just...DAYAM.
saw Yngwie open for Iron Maiden...oh...about 15 years ago. He played Eruption with his teeth.
boy could he play. picking up Joey Lynn Turner as his vocalist made the music sound all...ghey.
at least to me. but that never did stop his frenzied fretboard freneticism.![]()
richarde1969 said:Malmsteen was one of my biggest inspirations during the early to mid eighties. The best album is 'Marching Out' and then 'Triology'.......After that, well he just ran out of ideas, the same triplets and appegiated runs over and over again. Ive been playing over 20 years and can play all the stuff from the two albums I've mentioned........big deal!! Over the past 15 years he's continued to shift from blues to classical to pop-like bollox and now back to the heavy stuff again. I've read so many articles on the guy that its very apparent he's an obnoxious twat who can't abide anyone elses opinion other than his own, hence all the band member changes. Sure he can play, just like Vai and Satriani can..........but once you have compiled your favourite 10 or so tracks of these guys you've heard as much as you need to. Personally I rate Paul Gilbert, a very tasteful guitarist who knows when to slow down and shut the f**k up with his axe. Marty Friedman is another good guitarist, he used to play with Jason Becker.
Just my opinion.
This page contains mature content. By continuing, you confirm you are over 18 and agree to our TOS and User Agreement.
Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














