Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Yaking After Legs??

Mandy Polk said:
Gah I wish I could throw up from a leg workout, I would feel more productive.

No shit.

I've never once thrown up after a leg workout...or any workout.

Am I the only one who likes the way it feels after a good puke? You feel so thin. lololmao

I have felt rather sick after seriously pushing it, and had those yucky pressure headaches, but actually throwing up from weights? No.

I don't think it is actually that great.

I think you feel sick due to the amount of lactic acid build up, and possibly too much damage to the muscle fibres.

I will do a bit of research on this one to confirm this :)

I've never thrown up but I have felt VERY nauseous when training hard. I thought it had something to do with bloodsugar dropping?

Bikinimom, it is actually an adrenaline response. We send all our blood supply to our muscles to work (aside from supporting basic life function) so we have to give up digestion for a while. So as the blood supply is lessened for digestion the body reacts by wanting to empty the contents so it is not overloaded with work.

That is how it was taught to me in A&P anyway.....it makes logical sense.

Mo'Muscles said:
Bikinimom, it is actually an adrenaline response. We send all our blood supply to our muscles to work (aside from supporting basic life function) so we have to give up digestion for a while. So as the blood supply is lessened for digestion the body reacts by wanting to empty the contents so it is not overloaded with work.

That is how it was taught to me in A&P anyway.....it makes logical sense.

Gotcha chief - it makes perfect sense... also conversely I have had leg cramps after a heavy leg workout shortly after a meal. All the blood leaving my legs (during non-gym related physical activity) to rush to my stomach... hehehehee :evil:

Yea, we be illin'.

Top Bottom