Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you prefer Aesthetic of Massive Mr. Olympia's ?

Would you prefer to see Aesthetic phisques at Mr. O or MASSIVE phisiques at Mr. O

• I would like to see more Aesthetic phisiques at Mr. O

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • I WANT TO SEE MORE M A S S I VE DUDES!

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Doesn't matter for me

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SSAlexSS

Do you enjoy seeing aesthetic phisiques being presented in Mr. O or Massive?
Whats your opinion

i like arnolds physiqe, however flex wheeler is just awesome no matter how you cut it

Guys with roid guts so large they can't even do a vacuum pose are sort of a perversion of the ideal bodybuilding physique IMHO. I think that at the higher levels of th sport, especially the pros, this ideal has largley gotten lost. Flex has the shape and those small joints but he lacks definition in his snytholed areas. Also many of these guys can no longer make it through a competition without falling over- great champions and atheletes, my ass.
When I finally do a competition I will be able to do a vacuum and have enough endurance to make it through the rounds without having a medical emergency. I wont look as huge or freaky, as the pros, but who really cares anyway?

Definitely aesthetic, isn't it supposed to be a 'physique' contest rather than a 'size' contest?

Otherwise it should be renamed into Mr Ultralarge and Sumo wrestlers should be able to enter...

hardgainer (just my $0.02)

absolute hardgainer said:

Definitely aesthetic, isn't it supposed to be a 'physique' contest rather than a 'size' contest?

Otherwise it should be renamed into Mr Ultralarge and Sumo wrestlers should be able to enter...

hardgainer (just my $0.02)

But most aesthetic win! I mean Marcus Ruhl, Gunter Shlierkampf (and possibly few more) are more massive than ronnie coleman! yet the loose!

Mr Olympia looks at such things
1) Balance
2)Proportion
3) Aesthetics
4)Definition
5)Muscle hardness (low fat levels)
4) Size!

You see, brutal size is not the most winning factor! So there you go, Mr Olympia is phisque contest.

SSAlexSS:

It's true that there are BB's that are more massive than Ronnie and still don't win and rate highly I also think that being massive doesn't necessarily exclude excellence in aesthetic physique, Flex Wheeler would be one example. However Shawn Ray for example has outstanding aesthetic physique and yet never won a Mr O. (he placed 2nd once) Dorian won it 6 times and in all the criteria you listed he would beat most guys only in size and perhaps hardness. That's not putting Dorian down, I have enormous respect for the man and all the hard work he has put into his body, but others who achieved an excellent aesthetic physique never got the glory of winning a Sandow. Mr O. should be a physique contest, but it has and in my biased opinion still does, favour bodybuilders who have developed enormous size more than those who have developed excellent physique. As far as Ronnie goes I cannot fault his physique, it's excellent.

That's just my own biased opinion

hardgainer (entitled to his own POV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom