Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working the rotators...what do YOU do?

InTraining

Just want to see what everyone is doing for their rotators...# of times per week and exercises with sets\reps would be very helpful...

Currently I am doing bye-byes and seated db cleans first thing in my workouts...4x a week....

Input appreciated!

Wasup Bro...

I don't do a lot of rotator cuff work other than a warmup every workout with a 10 lb dumbell in each hand.

I do internal rotations, external rotations and cuban rotations. And one I made up that is a mix between externals and cubans... I also find reverse flys also help to stabalize your shoulders.

Current split is:
Day 1 - Heavy Cleans, Squats, Chins
Day 2 - Chest, Tris
Day 3 - rest
Day 4 - Light Cleans, Front Squats, Chins
Day 5 - Rotators, Shoulders, Calfs
Day 6 - rest
Day 7 - rest

Day 5

Start out with 3 giant sets: Shoulder Horn (both arms), cable side sweeps out (left than right), cable side sweeps in (left than right) - resting 1:30 between sets

D.B. Military (seated) - 4 sets

Snatch Grip Military (behind neck) - 3 sets

Lateral Raises - 2 sets

Basically 9 sets of rotator cuff work once a week. Seems to be aiding both my stability and strength on other lifts and days. All the excercises were from early (talking Poliquin era) T-mag articles. Only takes about 9-10 minutes - but after that, even the 75's are enough of a workout on military.

I also work my rotator cuff once a week but at the end of my WO

http://www.dolfzine.com/page391.htm

I tore my rotator cuff well over a year ago and have been following this routine for a while. Basically just hit the rot cuff hard with light weights and high reps 5-6 times a week for a few months. Strengthening it was the only solution. I also did ART, which is a God-send. Now I just do one or two sets of different rot-specific exercises before I lift daily.

You don't want to work them if your doing exercises that include shoulder movement because you use the RC muscles a bit in those and could lower the effectiveness of those exercises or even injure yourself. (Think they are Stabilizers in them?)

I did the cuban press and lying on my side on a flat bench an external rotation. Wooo do they feel quite sore today.

Top Bottom