Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why does losing fat take so long?

Yo One/Same,

What is your cardio routine like? Hopefully you are NOT doing a 45min -1hr cardio session everytime.

I suggest doing a 20-25min cardio session with a varying intensidy level: do a fast walk for 2-3min, then run 1-2 min, back to the walk. Keep going between walks/runs. This will help burn off the fat a long with the a calorie restricting diet. Increase the cardio time as the contest gets closer (5 min every two weeks...45 min max for cardio!)

Another diet tip is to cut calories slowly! A cut 100-200 cals every other week until the last 3-4 weeks before the show. Then cut cals according to what you see in the mirror. If cut cals too fast, you'll lose a lot of muscle as well as fat.

Also be sure to take Glutamine during this diet. Glutamine will help preserve your muscle during this low calorie diet.

I'm doing 30min of cardio 3x a week at a moderate pace try to just work my heart rate up to it's target rate and keep it there for 15 or 20 of those 30 minutes, I wouldn't make it an hour bro:bawling:

but I will take glutamine I have some just sitting around:mix:

I have dropped from 189 down to 179 in 8 days
is this too fast?

seem to be holding my measurements in chest and arms though:confused:

That is not too fast because about 5+ lbs is water.

And he didn't want you to run for an hour, he wanted you to not run for an hour. In other words, have you heard of HIIT. High Intensity Interval Training. It is much more efficient at burining fat than regular low intensity cardio. Plus, it doesn't take as much time.

And considering you are doing cardio it would be better at preserving muscle.

Do a search for info.

Thanks Acer for further explaining my reply.

One/Same, you will get a rapid weight drop at first. But after this first drop of weight, shoot for 1-5 lbs a week. Anything more than that will be more muscle than fat.

Haha, fitnessfrk get with the times. Low volume cardio is not the best as far as fat loss. Sure you might be burning more fat during the actual cardio, but overall high intensity burns more fat from the accelerated metabolism throughout the day.

Acer is this hiit the same thing in practice as what Bill body for life uses he says to cycle through intensity levels and at the end go all out and you only have to do 20 minutes. If so, I may go back to this form of cardio as it was pretty effective but hard to do on the machines so how would you do it?

I do have a track at my gym so maybe I'll start sprinting on that.
What are your thoughts ?

peace

It is kinda like that. Except I would just do 30 seconds of low intensity and then 30 seconds of the highest intensity you got.

If I was starting from the beginning I would do that for about 4 min. And then add on a minute every other workout. And I would only do it 3 times a week.

I just explained it.

Just sprint all out for 30 seconds and then jog for 30 seconds. DO that for 4 minutes. Then add on a minute every other workout. Only do it 3 times a week.

Top Bottom