Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why are guns so expensive?

fair enough design hasnt changed terribly, and the real cost over time (adjusting to the value of money in the day) also hasnt changed, but the way i see it, most of the cost would come of labor/marketing/distribution, rather than cost of materials anyway.

i mean sure your manufacturing techniques are going to make the per capita cost go down, as would the mass production and relatively cheap materials (metals, polymers), because of industrialisation/computerisation, but thats certainly going to be offset by taxes and litigation, imo.

i mean, what can you really buy these days that is manufactured to the standard of a gun (meaning, verrrry well made) that is similar in size, and price? heck, you pay 40 bucks for a well made shovel or axe. go buy any older style camera or mechanical watch (not battery operated, electrically driven, explode-in-3-years-max garbage) and youll see that prices will be relatively high because of labor.

i think that theyre quite reasonably priced.

djufo said:
Beyond all the technology and complexity involved in the manufacturing of guns, they are pieces of art. Guns and weapons are wondeful pieces of art. And good art is expensive.
my glock is not a piece of art lol.

Top Bottom