Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why are guns so expensive?

Lumberg

I was talking about this with a coworker.

The mechanical complexity is obviously trivial. Any VCR or DVD has more complex engineering behind it, with smaller tolerances.

Transportation? If so guns in the town where Smith & Wesson is located would be dirt cheap.

Taxes?

Why?

probably quality of materials and manufacturing processes....and i'm sure they tax the hell out of them

jerkbox said:
probably quality of materials and manufacturing processes....and i'm sure they tax the hell out of them

Yea, I think it is the taxes and liability insurance that gun companies have to carry because of scummy freak'n looser plaintiff attorneys that NEED to be shot with a gun.

manny78 said:
Just the barrel makes for about 30% of the cost.
Yeah but the manufacturing processes must have improved since the late 1800s...yet some guns are pretty much the same design.

Guns are no cheaper now (inflation wise) than they were 50 or even 20 years ago....why?

Lumberg said:
Yeah but the manufacturing processes must have improved since the late 1800s...yet some guns are pretty much the same design.

Guns are no cheaper now (inflation wise) than they were 50 or even 20 years ago....why?

Did you not see my post? Liability insurance because of numerous lawsuits filed against gun manafactures. Same reason small plane cost so much.

curling said:
Did you not see my post? Liability insurance because of numerous lawsuits filed against gun manafactures. Same reason small plane cost so much.
Yeah but they're not THAT much more EXPENSIVE than they were 50 years ago either, when liability lawsuits were nonexistant.

I guess the two factors outweight each other exactly?

Top Bottom