Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why all need to DEADLIFT

I use chalk with regular deadlifts and straps for heavy sets of SLDL. With the regular dead I don't think you should use straps as just quickly resetting your grip before each reps works well, and also going strapless helps strengthen the grip. Power lifters especailly shoildn't use straps on regular deads.

I cannot hand onto the bar if I go over 5 reps in the SLDL though unless I use straps because you cannot reset the grip between reps. I train my grip, and have a pretty decent grip I think, but I still need straps with SLDL.

RG:)

I may have to give chalk a try. I only use straps on heavier sets.

Puddles -- Diamond deads and stiff-legged DL's I'll do on leg day, I may combine them with squats, lunges, presses, etc... (leg exercises)

Pin pulls (rack pulls), sumo and conventional DL I do on back day. Pull ups, rows and other back exercises are included.

THeMaCHinE said:
Puddles -- Diamond deads and stiff-legged DL's I'll do on leg day, I may combine them with squats, lunges, presses, etc... (leg exercises)

Pin pulls (rack pulls), sumo and conventional DL I do on back day. Pull ups, rows and other back exercises are included.

Thank you...that's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. :)

We add in pullups and occasionally good mornings on our dead days.

That's all we can do, too; after a serious dead session, I'm done. It's over. And then it's Miller Time. :D

I just can't do DLs and squats on the same day. I just can't.

So I DL about 3 days away from the squat. On that day, I also do pull-throughs and forearms (I have spindly arms).

makedah, we never do either. We have a 3 week rotation of deads, squats, and GMs. And as I've said before, we never max out a full ROM anything.

Ack! So why on EARTH was I DLing and squatting on the same days when I was doing Westside?

(Knocking water out of ears)

Oh wait. I remember. On speed days I always wanted to DL. Because I LOVE it. But I couldn't do DLs and GMs on the same day, either, because of my screwy back.

(I'm going to spend some time going over my old training logs...)

makedah said:
Ack! So why on EARTH was I DLing and squatting on the same days when I was doing Westside?

(Knocking water out of ears)

We don't do them both for max effort. We may do one as a second move, but in a variation that uses different muscles than the first move. Did that make sense to anyone but me? lol

Top Bottom