Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who wears COLORED CONTACTS??

hamstershaver said:
what your dr told you was true, colored contacts have a smaller field of vision because the only part where there is actual correction is right over the pupil, if your pupils are too big and the color overlaps them, then that part of your vision will be blurry, which is the case for most people, there is no pupil measurements that take place when fitting contacts, only keratometer measurements to find the base curve that best fits your eyes, most people fit in the 8.3 range although they do go up to a 9.1, as far as i know there is only one size pupil hole for colored contacts and i assume it is somewhere around 4 mm which is the average size pupil

so the base curve is just a comfort/how well the contact lays on the eye thing? eye doc told me i needed base curve 8.3 but he was also pushing the Acuvue 2 very hard. i ordered B&L monthlies a buttload cheaper online with base curve 8.4. i havn't had any problems vision wise or with putting in/taking out the lenses. i actually thought the B&L felt better than the Acuvue2.

Y would anyone want colored contacts??
I had a friend in high school who got purple ones and he looked like a freak show!!!
Just looking for attention if you ask me...

crak600 said:
so the base curve is just a comfort/how well the contact lays on the eye thing? eye doc told me i needed base curve 8.3 but he was also pushing the Acuvue 2 very hard. i ordered B&L monthlies a buttload cheaper online with base curve 8.4. i havn't had any problems vision wise or with putting in/taking out the lenses. i actually thought the B&L felt better than the Acuvue2.
ugh ok ill try to explain base curve, what it is is the the curve of the contact over your pupil, the steeper the arc of your eye the smaller the base curve will be, the flatter the arc the bigger the base curve # will be, most people wear a base curve in the area of 8.3 to 8.9. Most companies have different base curves also, you mentioned ac2 and their basic base curves are 8.3 and 8.7, and your contact is an 8.4, the difference between a 8.3 and 8.4 is basically nothing, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference, when you go from a 8.3 up to an 8.7 you would still be able to wear them but you would notice some difference, if you were an 8.3 the 8.7 would still fit but feel sloppy on your eye.

Lililston said:
Hey guys,
When I tried on these grey contacts, it was wierd.. it's like it's fine on the front, but my blind spot was blurry.. I felt like the outer edges of the contacts were blurry.. SO I went to see the doctor today and told her about it, but all she told me was that the blurriness I see is actually the color of the contacts and that my pupils were just too big for the contacts.
She said most people do fine with it and that I just have to get used to it :rolleyes: .... Now I'm wondering, for you guys who wear colored contacts, do you guys experience the same thing? Is that actually normal? :verygood:

Or when you went for an eye check up for colored contacts, did the doctor have to measure the size of your eyes? :mix:
For real, I really feel like my doctor doesn't know how to do her job right and that she was actually supposed to measure my eyes so she'd recommend the brand of contacts that would fit my pupil right :worried:
i forgot to mention that it is more difficult to see with colored contacts at night since your pupils will dialate at night and even more of your pupil will then be covered by the colored part of the contact.

hamstershaver said:
ugh ok ill try to explain base curve, what it is is the the curve of the contact over your pupil, the steeper the arc of your eye the smaller the base curve will be, the flatter the arc the bigger the base curve # will be, most people wear a base curve in the area of 8.3 to 8.9. Most companies have different base curves also, you mentioned ac2 and their basic base curves are 8.3 and 8.7, and your contact is an 8.4, the difference between a 8.3 and 8.4 is basically nothing, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference, when you go from a 8.3 up to an 8.7 you would still be able to wear them but you would notice some difference, if you were an 8.3 the 8.7 would still fit but feel sloppy on your eye.

so like i guessed then, the base curve is just a comfort/fit deal?

i probably should've found out about this for certain before ordering lenses with a different base curve, but at least i didn't do anything harmful to my eyes. i figured the - 3.00 was the important thing, as that's what seemed to be the only number that had something to do with the script for regular glasses.

it's so nice to be able to see again and not wear glasses. 20 years of this shit is just too much. i dunno what took me so damn long to get contact again, as i hadn't worn them in 7 years.

yes the -3.00 is your correction and would be the most important part of the ordering process, as long as they dont move on your eye you are fine with a 8.4, and if the -3.00 was your glass perscription then you should order a -2.50 in contacts

hamstershaver said:
yes the -3.00 is your correction and would be the most important part of the ordering process, as long as they dont move on your eye you are fine with a 8.4, and if the -3.00 was your glass perscription then you should order a -2.50 in contacts

the -3.00 was the contact perscription, i forget what the glasses perscription was, it's around here somewhere, but i wanna say -3.25 and something else. each eye used to be slightly different, i'm assuming from the astigmatism in both eyes.

when i was wearing contacts 7 years ago i was 20/25 and 20/30 with regular contacts. luckily i didn't need to buy toric lenses as regular contacts bring me to 20/20. doc said regular contacts have gotten a lot better over the years and i'll probably never need the Toric lenses. plus it appears my eyesight hasn't changed in over 5 years, which makes me feel better that i'm at least not getting worse (i've lost all my old scripts, my military records have my eye exam records in them though, i'll have to check).

Hey guys,
When I tried on these grey contacts, it was wierd.. it's like it's fine on the front, but my blind spot was blurry.. I felt like the outer edges of the contacts were blurry.. SO I went to see the doctor today and told her about it, but all she told me was that the blurriness I see is actually the color of the contacts and that my pupils were just too big for the contacts.
She said most people do fine with it and that I just have to get used to it :rolleyes: .... Now I'm wondering, for you guys who wear colored contacts, do you guys experience the same thing? Is that actually normal? :verygood:

Or when you went for an eye check up for colored contacts, did the doctor have to measure the size of your eyes? :mix:
For real, I really feel like my doctor doesn't know how to do her job right and that she was actually supposed to measure my eyes so she'd recommend the brand of contacts that would fit my pupil right :worried:
Hey there,

I understand your concern about the blurriness you experienced with the grey contacts. It can be frustrating when you don't receive the answers you were hoping for from your doctor. Let me try to address your questions and provide some insights.

Firstly, it is possible to experience some blurriness or distorted vision when wearing colored contacts, especially if they have a strong tint or if they are designed to enlarge or enhance the appearance of the iris. The outer edges of the contacts may appear blurry due to the colored portion extending beyond the pupil area.

Regarding your doctor's response, it's true that some people can adjust to these visual changes and find them tolerable. However, it's essential to have open communication with your doctor and express your concerns. They should be able to provide further guidance or explore alternative options that might suit your needs better.

When it comes to eye check-ups for colored contacts, it's not uncommon for eye care professionals to measure the size of your eyes, including the pupil diameter. This measurement helps in selecting the appropriate size and type of contact lenses that will provide a comfortable fit and optimal vision. If you feel that your doctor overlooked this step, it's worth discussing it with them or seeking a second opinion from another eye care professional.

Remember, every individual's eyes are unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. It's crucial to find a knowledgeable and understanding eye care professional who can address your concerns and provide personalized recommendations.

If you haven't already, you may also want to consider consulting with an optometrist or an ophthalmologist who specializes in contact lenses or has experience with colored contacts. They may be able to offer additional insights and recommendations tailored to your specific needs.

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution that suits you and provides clear vision with colored contacts. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

I deal with bonlook glasses and FYidoctors for anything vision. You can check them out.

Hey guys,

"Hey there,

I totally get your concern with the blurriness around the edges of your grey contacts. It sounds like a tricky situation. It's quite common for colored contacts to cause some peripheral blurriness due to the tinted portion overlapping the pupil, especially if you have larger pupils. This can vary from person to person, so what works for one might not work for another.

I remember reading an article on FYidoctors about different types of contacts, including colored ones, and how they fit differently based on eye measurements. Biofinity Collection - They might have some useful information or alternatives that could work better for you.

Regarding the eye measurements, yes, usually eye care professionals measure the eyes to find the best fit, especially for colored lenses. It might be worth getting a second opinion or asking your doctor to measure your eyes if you continue to experience discomfort.

Hope this helps and you find a comfortable pair of contacts soon!"

Top Bottom