Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Who knows alot about dogs?

jack sparrow

Think like Jack
Platinum
I want to get a dog, but I'm allergic to dogs with fur, but not ones with hair (poodles, etc...ones that need to have their hair cut).

Can anyone recommend a small dog that I can travel with on airplanes, or on long car rides? I mean, like a small dog that doesn't make me look geigh?
 
jack_schitt said:
I want to get a dog, but I'm allergic to dogs with fur, but not ones with hair (poodles, etc...ones that need to have their hair cut).

Can anyone recommend a small dog that I can travel with on airplanes, or on long car rides? I mean, like a small dog that doesn't make me look geigh?


There are a couple that you could get away with, first is the West Highland terrior, super smart and full of personality w/out the anoying little dog yelping.

The other is the miniature greyhound, really cool looking dogs and full of personality, very sporty looking as well.
 
pdaddy said:
There are a couple that you could get away with, first is the West Highland terrior, super smart and full of personality w/out the anoying little dog yelping.

The other is the miniature greyhound, really cool looking dogs and full of personality, very sporty looking as well.

Are they the kind that require grooming? I mean like...do they shed?
 
jack_schitt said:
Are they the kind that require grooming? I mean like...do they shed?

Nope, both are hypoallergenic. My fiance is super allergic with bad reactions to the average dog ie. golden retriever. She doesn't react to those dogs at all.
 
miniature greyhound, smaller than they look

italian-greyhound-0005.jpg



Westies:

brownwestie1.jpg
 
Lestat said:
lol..

white and whiter

I've seen brown ones.

DON'T get a miniature pincher, my neighbor growing up had one and it would not stop barking, the little shit bit me once too.
 
pdaddy said:
I've seen brown ones.

DON'T get a miniature pincher, my neighbor growing up had one and it would not stop barking, the little shit bit me once too.

Yeah...barking could be a problem because i stay in alot of hotels. The reason I don't want a white dog is that I don't want anyone thinking I'm some kind of "Silence of the Lambs" type dude.
 
Now were talking!! Thanks pdaddy!! Looks like some good info there. And I spelled Bichon wrong in previous posts. I googled it for the spelling, but apparently got the wrong breed.
 
jack_schitt said:
Now were talking!! Thanks pdaddy!! Looks like some good info there. And I spelled Bichon wrong in previous posts. I googled it for the spelling, but apparently got the wrong breed.


Don't get a Bichon either, my fiance's parents have one and it sucks. Their eyes secrete extra 'tears' so you have to comb 'crusties' out of their eyes on a daily basis ie. chronic eye boogers
 
pdaddy said:
There are a couple that you could get away with, first is the West Highland terrior, super smart and full of personality w/out the anoying little dog yelping.

The other is the miniature greyhound, really cool looking dogs and full of personality, very sporty looking as well.

I was also going to recommend a minature greyhound or Whippet - I believe they are called...

I owned/adopted a retired racing greyhound. Mine could not be taken on planes, although it was a smaller hound - ~ 65 lbs. The reason I would recommend is they have a very low bodyfat and very little natural oils and dander (which causes more allergies). They have very little hair and rarely shed. I owned a greyhound and not a whippet, but they appear to be similar. I loved mine, she was very well mannered and they sleep a lot - but you need a fenced yard.

:)
 
you should get a chinese crested ;)
 
Top Bottom