Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who has GINORMOUS calves?

asevila686

Okay, this is a very serious issue for me.

I'm female, quite petite, and standing 5 feet flat. I enjoy doing cardio on ellipticals and tredmills. However, I am very concerned with the size of my calves. Unfortunately, I have my father's "muscular chicken legs". I remember doing the biggest NO NO at a very young age- using his leg lifts. I also enjoy challenge on the elliptical machine, so I do a full 10 incline and anywhere from 30-60 on resistance. I have tried yoga and pilates, but I am more of a cardio fan.

My calves are at about 15 inches at it's widest, and my ankles are about 6 inches in diameter. HELP!!!!!

I used to hate my big calves too, but now I love them.

Mine are about 15-16 inches as well.

In all honesty, I don't get the issue here.

A lot of muscle size and shape is genetic.

Best to learn how to love what you got.

Mine are around 15 too...I love mine! I finally have the split in the muscle! I don't train them to much....and they have gotten really lean from running.

mine are a 14"..they used to be slightly bigger but i stopped training them

one time i tried on a pair of high boots and i couldn't fit in them

so i had to stop doing calves

here i'll share a pic

dh8jeu.jpg

I posted this in the other section you asked the question in.

As I mentioned, a lot of calf size is genetic and relates to the muscle fiber type, so if you have fast twitch (I think this is the type), they will grow just from walking.

You want to avoid anything that does work them more

1. Heels (not much fun)

2. Set the eliptical trainer so that your calves are not stimulated

3. Bring up your quads and hams so that your calves look more balanced.

Honestly hun, there really isn't anything nicer looking on a woman than having some nice strong muscles.

Without some decent muscle, really, the physical decline that women suffer all too often is quite apparent.

Also having muscle (from training with weights) prevents things like osteoporosis, insulin insensitivity which could lead to type II diabetes, and also keeps you more active in your later years and prevents falls (of which pathological fractures from osteoporosis is the number one cause of morbidity and mortality in women).

princesa said:
mine are a 14"..they used to be slightly bigger but i stopped training them

one time i tried on a pair of high boots and i couldn't fit in them

so i had to stop doing calves

here i'll share a pic

dh8jeu.jpg

:heart: Frameable Calves!!! :heart:

Top Bottom