Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who Are The Best Fighters?

gettinlarger said:

LOL. Are you serious about the charging bear??

yes, fucking french kids. They said since Bruce Lee knew how to place his kicks that he would destroys the poor bear's knees...

manny78 said:

yes, fucking french kids. They said since Bruce Lee knew how to place his kicks that he would destroys the poor bear's knees...

LOL.

Yeah no shit........but no where near as effective as a gun.

There is a reason that humans are the dominant species on this planet- we make use of tools to overcome those species (that can e bigger and stronger) that dont. A gun is a tool.
[/QUOTE]

True. But that doesn't make any schmuck with a gun a great "fighter." It merely makes him more powerful. And I use that term loosely.

My interpretation on 'best fighter' was the person most likely to walk away. The guy with the gun is most likely to walk away.

gettinlarger said:

LOL.

Yeah no shit........but no where near as effective as a gun.

There is a reason that humans are the dominant species on this planet- we make use of tools to overcome those species (that can e bigger and stronger) that dont. A gun is a tool.

True. But that doesn't make any schmuck with a gun a great "fighter." It merely makes him more powerful. And I use that term loosely.
[/QUOTE]

"You Jackson? You look like Jackson..."

Your question is flawed, or at least to vague. What kind of fighting are you talking about? In a ring, with rules, etc? Out on the street? Weapons? etc.

Generally it boils down to the fighter. Certain styles are more condusive to teaching you to be a good fighter. Boxing, Muai Thai, are generally considered to be better striking arts than traditional Karate or Tai Kwon Do, but it is how the fighter applies the skill they have.

Look at the UFC/Pride champs, now they come from a variety of disciplines. Tito has a background in wrestling. Nogeria in pride is a Jiu Jitsu player. Sapp is just a big monster. No one style is best.

ZenMachine said:
"You Jackson? You look like Jackson..."

Your question is flawed, or at least to vague. What kind of fighting are you talking about? In a ring, with rules, etc? Out on the street? Weapons? etc.

Generally it boils down to the fighter. Certain styles are more condusive to teaching you to be a good fighter. Boxing, Muai Thai, are generally considered to be better striking arts than traditional Karate or Tai Kwon Do, but it is how the fighter applies the skill they have.

Look at the UFC/Pride champs, now they come from a variety of disciplines. Tito has a background in wrestling. Nogeria in pride is a Jiu Jitsu player. Sapp is just a big monster. No one style is best.

to add to this, just watch ufc or pride fighting, and sometimes the bigger, better athlete doesn't always win. Royce Gracy is a prime example. and Zen mentioned Nogera, he fought Bob Sapp, a guy who outweighed him and was much stronger than him, and in pretty good shape, and nogera beat him. Vitor Belfort in his good times beat guys bigger than him.

one more thing, I don't care how big you are, your balls and your face have no muscle to them. with that said, if you can punch or kick faster than the other guy then you can potentially take him out of action, especially if you punch FIRST. Obviously if the person punching is very weak then no real damage would be done.

HANSEL said:
Jackson had Chong Li beat but started celebrating too early.

bloodsportfriend1.jpg
OKAY USA!!

ariolanine said:
Prove me wrong then. If you know how to fight (take puches, give punches) then strength is what matters. A tiny gook is not going to kick my ass because he can do splits and kicks. All too often these "martial artists" get into real fights and get their ass handed to them because their "sensei" gives them a false sense of invincibility.

over in thailand a lot of American kickboxers learn the hard way that these "tiny gooks" will put them down because they are so fast and can kick brutally hard. I know an American kickboxer who relied on strength too much went over to fight in the thailand matches and wound up in the hospital with numerous chest fractures because he could not get out of the corner fast enough to stop the other guys attack. but I know what you mean and for the most part I agree.

But who would win between Whorf vs. Data?

Top Bottom