Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When Is it best to stretch

BatZgirl

Halloooo

When Is it best to do stretching exercises. Ive seen people at the Gym doing them different to others. For instance one person will stretch before their workout, another after their workout and another before and after.

I think that before and after would be the most effective but when is the best time to stretch?:fro:

I stretch between sets & after, but I only begin the stretching after a warm-up [5 min on the treadmill or bike & then a light set with weights, then stretch, then GO].

You can actually do some damage to your muscles trying to strech them totally cold, so get the blood flowin' first.

I agree w/ spatts...Stretching as much as possible..we tend to neglect stretching a lot and it is important to your training....

Well, I actually read about a study, where they proved that stretching decreases the strength of a muscle. In the study the subjects were asked to stretch their calves and after that they were supposed to do some kind of resistance exercises. Results: the muscle was weaker after stretching, the strenght halved for 15 minutes and total effect lasted for an hour.

Okay, I tend to believe almost everything that says "research" or "study", but basically this make sense, doesn't it? So no big, long-lasting stretcings for me before a workout, maybe just something very light.

Oh, and here's a link to the study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10956367&dopt=Abstract

From years of dance and fitness and now my newfound love of bodybuilding I've found that stretching is almost as essential as muscle strength and endurance because it provides flexibility and increases range of motion. Yoga and Pilates are prime examples.

Top Bottom