Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

When americans come to Europe...

The Varnsen

New member
I´ve travelled through europe in the last month and a half... as a backpacker, you guys know the type? I met lots of americans, canadiens and australiens... there are guys that can travel for 4. 5, months up to a year, without stopping! The americans see Europe as the place to buy drugs and get laid, and thats it! They don´t respect our culture, i haven´t met one single intelligent, or at least educated, guy form the US. Before this, some guys i know had told me about this fact, but i answered them that it was all prejudice, " come on, its one of the most developed countries in the world and it has 300 millions inhabitants, they can´t be all idiots!!!" But now, even though i believe you guys aren´t all a bunch of retarded idiots, i start to wonder about your education system... do you really think USA is the center of the world? It´s just me, or most of the people who work in the Syllicon Valley are indian or chinese? And why do you fucking say, when asked where you´re from, thinks like these "Santa Fe, New Mexico"? I mean, most of the peeps don´t know jack shit about europe and they expect us to know where a cheesy state like New Mexico is? Why don´t you simply say "i´m from the USA"? Next time i´ll ask: "Ah, New Mexico, Arizona, is that central or south america"? Perhaps if i said with an american accent "I´m from Lisbon, Portugal!" some idiots might think Portugal is an american state... And why can´t you guys take a joke? You´re always ofended when we say jokes about the USA, i don´t know why... but then, in places like Munich, when the tourist´s guide is american, we hear things like "yea, we americans destroyed all we could of this city in the 2nd world war... if there´s still anything it´s because they reconstructed it after... " well, arrogant guys... Every american i met is very style conscious... they try to talk with style, walk with style, they´ll only hear to MTV success´s like rap and R&B music, the rest for them is crap... and they´ll hit the european girls hard... of course, they wont get anything and they´ll turn to the cheesy american sluts we have here and also travel alot... The easiest girl in the world: the american... i know, i know, most of them are fat so they have to be easy ehehe... but they could at least show some self respect and don´t fuck 2 or 3 guys in one night...
I´ll continue later...
 
The Varnsen said:
I´ve travelled through europe in the last month and a half... as a backpacker, you guys know the type? I met lots of americans, canadiens and australiens... there are guys that can travel for 4. 5, months up to a year, without stopping! The americans see Europe as the place to buy drugs and get laid, and thats it! They don´t respect our culture, i haven´t met one single intelligent, or at least educated, guy form the US. Before this, some guys i know had told me about this fact, but i answered them that it was all prejudice, " come on, its one of the most developed countries in the world and it has 300 millions inhabitants, they can´t be all idiots!!!" But now, even though i believe you guys aren´t all a bunch of retarded idiots, i start to wonder about your education system... do you really think USA is the center of the world? It´s just me, or most of the people who work in the Syllicon Valley are indian or chinese? And why do you fucking say, when asked where you´re from, thinks like these "Santa Fe, New Mexico"? I mean, most of the peeps don´t know jack shit about europe and they expect us to know where a cheesy state like New Mexico is? Why don´t you simply say "i´m from the USA"? Next time i´ll ask: "Ah, New Mexico, Arizona, is that central or south america"? Perhaps if i said with an american accent "I´m from Lisbon, Portugal!" some idiots might think Portugal is an american state... And why can´t you guys take a joke? You´re always ofended when we say jokes about the USA, i don´t know why... but then, in places like Munich, when the tourist´s guide is american, we hear things like "yea, we americans destroyed all we could of this city in the 2nd world war... if there´s still anything it´s because they reconstructed it after... " well, arrogant guys... Every american i met is very style conscious... they try to talk with style, walk with style, they´ll only hear to MTV success´s like rap and R&B music, the rest for them is crap... and they´ll hit the european girls hard... of course, they wont get anything and they´ll turn to the cheesy american sluts we have here and also travel alot... The easiest girl in the world: the american... i know, i know, most of them are fat so they have to be easy ehehe... but they could at least show some self respect and don´t fuck 2 or 3 guys in one night...
I´ll continue later...

we're not all stupid,,,we just send the fat retards over to europe once and a while just to take break from seeing them
 
America tends to isolates itself from the rest of the world, and the majority of Americans don't spend too much time thinking about life outside the united states. Its just the way they are. They aren't dumb, they just don't care.
 
The Varnsen said:
The americans see Europe as the place to buy drugs and get laid, and thats it! They don´t respect our culture, i haven´t met one single intelligent, or at least educated, guy form the US.

That's because they're much more liberal in Europe.
What is respecting some one elses culture? And why is that a necessity? Most are'nt respectful of the American culture in America, most of these perpatrators are citizens. On the other hand some are also Europeans. The last part of the quote I'm just going to dismiss it as conjecture.

The Varnsen said:
Before this, some guys i know had told me about this fact, but i answered them that it was all prejudice, " come on, its one of the most developed countries in the world and it has 300 millions inhabitants, they can´t be all idiots!!!" But now, even though i believe you guys aren´t all a bunch of retarded idiots, i start to wonder about your education system...

At this point I'm expecting your going to establish a point with this comment.

The Varnsen said:
do you really think USA is the center of the world? It´s just me, or most of the people who work in the Syllicon Valley are indian or chinese? [/B]

Most have no desire to make anywhere else home, even those who piss and moan. (hey that rymed :nerd: )
The part about the Silicon Valley thing just make sure to call'em American's first. Thay may get offended.

The Varnsen said:
And why do you fucking say, when asked where you´re from, thinks like these "Santa Fe, New Mexico"? I mean, most of the peeps don´t know jack shit about europe and they expect us to know where a cheesy state like New Mexico is? Why don´t you simply say "i´m from the USA"? Next time i´ll ask: "Ah, New Mexico, Arizona, is that central or south america"? Perhaps if i said with an american accent "I´m from Lisbon, Portugal!" some idiots might think Portugal is an american state...[/B]

I think both sides are guilty of this one. Some probably don't even know where Portugal is on a map. In all fairness why would one need to know unless they're travel agents or piolets or the something akin. Case in point: I still think Portugese sounds exactly like Spanish. Dosn't matter to me either way I don't speak either of the two, plus I live in Japan.

The Varnsen said:
And why can´t you guys take a joke? You´re always ofended when we say jokes about the USA, i don´t know why... [/B]

Most American's I'm willing to bet don't know many jokes about Portugal.

The Varnsen said:
but then, in places like Munich, when the tourist´s guide is american, we hear things like "yea, we americans destroyed all we could of this city in the 2nd world war... if there´s still anything it´s because they reconstructed it after... " well, arrogant guys... [/B]

Its true but nothing to boast about that's certain.

The Varnsen said:
Every american i met is very style conscious... they try to talk with style, walk with style, they´ll only hear to MTV success´s like rap and R&B music, the rest for them is crap... [/B]

I find this comment ironic since Europe is considered the epicenter of fashion. Maybe that's exclusive to Italy, I dunno I'm not very style conscious? Yet I'm an American, I believe your theory is flawed.


Originally posted by The Varnsen and they´ll hit the european girls hard... of course, they wont get anything [/B]

I have a few friends previously stationed in Europe (Germany, Greece, Italy, Spain, U.K. Turky), some who have recently left for Europe that tell a very different tale.

Originally posted by The Varnsen
and they´ll turn to the cheesy american sluts we have here and also travel alot... The easiest girl in the world: the american... [/B]

Set your standards higher. There are sluts everywhere. However most men don't complain about it, some even wish for an increase.

Originally posted by The Varnsen
i know, i know, most of them are fat so they have to be easy ehehe... but they could at least show some self respect and don´t fuck 2 or 3 guys in one night...[/B]

Were you recently in a bad relationship with an American girl? We definantly have the lions share of fatties. Then again I think Americans have the lions share of the diversley beautiful women. Due to America's inherent dynamics.

Originally posted by The Varnsen
I´ll continue later...[/B]

I might be back packing but if I get a chance I'll drop a line.
:FRlol:
 
Last edited:
I think both sides are guilty of this one. Some probably don't even know where Portugal is on a map. In all fairness why would one need to know unless they're travel agents or piolets or the something akin. Case in point: I still think Portugese sounds exactly like Spanish. Dosn't matter to me either way I don't speak either of the two, plus I live in Japan.

potuguese sounds more like Russian than Spanish.
 
Haz said:
America tends to isolates itself from the rest of the world, and the majority of Americans don't spend too much time thinking about life outside the united states. Its just the way they are. They aren't dumb, they just don't care.

Thats probably right. But also, are the people who go over to Euope and backpack around and shit really the best representatives of are culture?
 
Well, first, the portuguese language is similar to the spanish, but only when reading or writing... it sounds very very different, so if you hear a portuguese and a spanish talking perhaps you wont even guess they both talk latin languages...
Yea, the guy in Munich was from some bike tour, i don´t remember if it was mike´s...
Third, the american backpackers are usually muscular guys, i don´t know why... some canadien told me i don´t have a clue about the average looking american guy if i judge it by the average backpacker...
Another thing i may add, and this hasn´t anything to do with the first subject, is that about 20% the americans i met in europe were asian-americans... and i also met lots of latinos, and whites of course... no blacks though... only one perhaps... is that represantative of the place they occupy in society? And the latino-americans, specially the mexican americans, say they are mexican as easilly as they say they´re americans, depending on the peeps they´re with... and they´re also true womanizers, at least the ones i met...
 
I remeber one big fat bastard at the Ritz in Cancun. He thought Montréal was some city in Colorado and didnt who was the actual US President. Not to mention he was under the impression that you could take your car and drive to Patis. Poor dumbfuck....
 
well Varn I'm not sure where in the u.s. you have been but in some places it's polite to tell a person the city and state they are from...Perhaps we(americans) need a common court. class so we know how we should act and behave in Europe

I have never been to Europe, I dont know the differences of culture or manerisms so I could stand to learn a bit

I for one would know where you were talking about if you said Lisbon Portugal

it's possible I learned more about world Geography then the avg american but it wouldnt seem like a stretch to know about major euro cities
 
The Varnsen said:
The americans see Europe as the place to buy drugs and get laid, and thats it!

And why do you fucking say, when asked where you´re from, thinks like these "Santa Fe, New Mexico"? I mean, most of the peeps don´t know jack shit about europe and they expect us to know where a cheesy state like New Mexico is?

...and your point is? It would behoove you to learn become familiar with American geography.

I'll bet those "idiots" had no problem getting their US dollars accepted.
 
yeah, maybe if we had shittier teeth, worse taste in music, ass backwards customs, completely dependant on other countries' money and military, enjoyed paying astronomical prices on "petrol", and were a bunch of pointy-headed, limp-wristed socialists, you guys would like us more.
 
p0ink said:
yeah, maybe if we had shittier teeth, worse taste in music, ass backwards customs, completely dependant on other countries' money and military, enjoyed paying astronomical prices on "petrol", and were a bunch of pointy-headed, limp-wristed socialists, you guys would like us more.

Don't forget bathe less frequently.
 
These 2 last posts illustrate the average american i found around europe... I bet i have better teeth that you both!!!
Second, i probably know more about american geography, politics and economics than the average american...
 
The Varnsen said:
These 2 last posts illustrate the average american i found around europe... I bet i have better teeth that you both!!!
Second, i probably know more about american geography, politics and economics than the average american...

If poink and I represent the average American you found in Europe I can see why you were losing women to them and were intimidated by them.

The fact that you take pride in knowing a lot about American culture indicates that you knew where New Mexico was all along, but were just to stubborn and Eurocentric to acknowledge.

Europe is of course rich in culture, and I'm sure a great place to visit. It is after all, our heritage. It doesn't do you any good to bash the US based on your exposure to a few back packers, however. I take issue with that. US culture has swept across Europe and there are many there who resent it. Particularly in France.

My comment about bathing was in jest, no insult intended. My apologies.
 
I have found that most backpackers (all nationalities) are naive and a bit lacking in knowledge of the places they visit. I wonder what south-east asia makes of all the euro-backpackers there.... (BTW, we like Aussies here in the UK, so keep 'em coming).

Trust me, plenty of pig-ignorant wankers over here, ever been on a Panorama holiday? argh!
 
Puhleez,

if you asked the average American to point New Mexico out on a map, they couldn't do it. There are those who still believe Hawai'i is a seperate country, and don't get me started on what Texans think about their Republic. :D
 
Whenever I think of Europe all I can think of is hookers and drugs. Hookers and drugs = Europe. Yep!
 
Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:


...and your point is? It would behoove you to learn become familiar with American geography.

I'll bet those "idiots" had no problem getting their US dollars accepted.

No. You have to change it. It isn´t Mexico.
 
Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

aurelius said:


No. You have to change it. It isn´t Mexico.

It's not just Mexico. Canadians readily accept US dollars over the counter, and I'm sure many places in Europe do too. Yet Eurodollars would never be accepted over the counter here.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:

It's not just Mexico. Canadians readily accept US dollars over the counter, and I'm sure many places in Europe do too. Yet Eurodollars would never be accepted over the counter here.

LOL... so? Whats the point? Somehow you see the euro's as 'suckers' cuz they take US money? Now that is a weeeeeeak argument.
 
i have much bigger issues with south african and australian tourists. especially the south african rugby playing sort. yeeuch
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

Bullit said:
LOL... so? Whats the point? Somehow you see the euro's as 'suckers' cuz they take US money? Now that is a weeeeeeak argument.

The point is what is really getting under the skin of euro's who don't like US tourists is that they represent US economic and cultural dominance.
 
I remember spending only 15 Min walking through SOHO before being accosted on the street by 2 Hookers asking if I wanted SEX...

They must have thought "Hey look, there goes another Sex starved yank. Lets get him" :D
 
Y_Lifter said:
I remember spending only 15 Min walking through SOHO before being accosted on the street by 2 Hookers asking if I wanted SEX...

They must have thought "Hey look, there goes another Sex starved yank. Lets get him" :D

were they wrong? :D
 
The Varnsen said:

Another thing i may add, and this hasn´t anything to do with the first subject, is that about 20% the americans i met in europe were asian-americans... and i also met lots of latinos, and whites of course... no blacks though... only one perhaps... is that represantative of the place they occupy in society? And the latino-americans, specially the mexican americans, say they are mexican as easilly as they say they´re americans, depending on the peeps they´re with... and they´re also true womanizers, at least the ones i met...

Asians tend to be higher in economic status than other minorities. This is one reason why affirmative action programs don't apply to them.

Blacks, and Mexicans, tend to be lower in economic status. It isn't much of a surprise to me that you don't see too many black Americans in Europe. Then again, you don't see too many blacks at all in many parts of Europe.

Mexicans value their heritage higher than any other ethnic group, in my opinion. For example, lots of Mexicans occupy manual labor positions. In turn, they send a large percentage of their take home pay back to family in Mexico. This results in no accumulation of wealth, even though jobs like construction can actually pay pretty well. In my experience, latinos do seem to be "womanizers" more so than other groups. Or maybe they're just better at it, who knows?
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:


The point is what is really getting under the skin of euro's who don't like US tourists is that they represent US economic and cultural dominance.

If you consider the EC as a whole, even if the US is ahead in a pure GNP ranking, it can hardly be called "dominance."

As for "cultural dominance" -- that seems ridiculous, but I'm not sure what you're referring to... how does the US dominate culturally?
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

Prometheus said:


If you consider the EC as a whole, even if the US is ahead in a pure GNP ranking, it can hardly be called "dominance."

As for "cultural dominance" -- that seems ridiculous, but I'm not sure what you're referring to... how does the US dominate culturally?

Well, the EC and the Eurodollar were established in part to compete with the US dollar and US influence in Europe.

Culturally, well, a listing of the top 10 artists, TV shows, movies or admired personas in Europe would answer that question for you. The French govt has restricted access to US culture to deter the gravitation of youth to US values and trends.
 
If you have dollars, in europe you´ll have to exchange them for euros...
And yep, although mexican-americans, or simply mexicans, are womanizers, american women, for what i saw, like them alot... it wont last much... but they sure are funny and they know how to make the "fiesta"!!!
I don´t have anything against americans, i was just reporting what i saw... usually, in my group, i´m the more moderate, because most europeans are agaisnt the whole USA-idea... not like the arabs, though... we´re educated peeps, we just discuss!!!
 
Fucking Americans. You think you're so cool, eh?
Did you know that 1 in 3 Americans die out of cancer?
Did you know I'm involved with black magic?
I hope somebody in your family dies soon.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:


Well, the EC and the Eurodollar were established in part to compete with the US dollar and US influence in Europe.

Culturally, well, a listing of the top 10 artists, TV shows, movies or admired personas in Europe would answer that question for you. The French govt has restricted access to US culture to deter the gravitation of youth to US values and trends.

Damn, somebody didn't plug up the importation of Jerry Lewis though.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:


Well, the EC and the Eurodollar were established in part to compete with the US dollar and US influence in Europe.

Culturally, well, a listing of the top 10 artists, TV shows, movies or admired personas in Europe would answer that question for you. The French govt has restricted access to US culture to deter the gravitation of youth to US values and trends.

who ARE the 10 "artists" or "admired personas"? how do you know that they are American, and if they are, does that establish the "dominance" of American "culture"?

in any case, if your definition of "culture" depends on the hyperviolent garbage spewed by hollywood and mass-marketed with fast-food restaurant tie-ins and hundred million dollar ad blitzes, then there's not much to argue - indeed America has that market cornered....
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

Prometheus said:
in any case, if your definition of "culture" depends on the hyperviolent garbage spewed by hollywood and mass-marketed with fast-food restaurant tie-ins and hundred million dollar ad blitzes, then there's not much to argue - indeed America has that market cornered....


Like, duh, man. What other kind of culture would we be talking about. Sheesh...
 
The Varnsen said:
The americans see Europe as the place to buy drugs and get laid, and thats it! They don´t respect our culture,

We don't come to your country to talk to you or anyone else not willing to put out.

We are on vacation. We want to drink and get laid.

Just like when you guys bring your non-bathing, smelly asses to my country.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

Prometheus said:


who ARE the 10 "artists" or "admired personas"? how do you know that they are American, and if they are, does that establish the "dominance" of American "culture"?

in any case, if your definition of "culture" depends on the hyperviolent garbage spewed by hollywood and mass-marketed with fast-food restaurant tie-ins and hundred million dollar ad blitzes, then there's not much to argue - indeed America has that market cornered....


without american T.V. the NHL and your seven digit canadian hockey players would not exist......correct me if I'm wrong but don't 1 out of 3 kids in canada play hockey---and NHL canadian hockey players are seen as heros in canada....I wonder if they would be seen as heros if they weren't on T.V. making the money they make???
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:


It's not just Mexico. Canadians readily accept US dollars over the counter, and I'm sure many places in Europe do too. Yet Eurodollars would never be accepted over the counter here.

Define Europe. No where in the euro zone can you spend dollars.
 
My mother is European, I have travelled and lived in several European countries and frankly they suck. Expensive, boring, rude and arrogant.


... And why can´t you guys take a joke? You´re always ofended when we say jokes about the USA, i don´t know why... but then, in places like Munich, when the tourist´s guide is american, we hear things like "yea, we americans destroyed all we could of this city in the 2nd world war... if there´s still anything it´s because they reconstructed it after... [/QUOTE]


P.S. Here's a joke for you - next time you have a World War defend your own fucking self you fucking Euro pussy!!!!!!!
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

Wombat said:

without american T.V. the NHL and your seven digit canadian hockey players would not exist......correct me if I'm wrong but don't 1 out of 3 kids in canada play hockey---and NHL canadian hockey players are seen as heros in canada....I wonder if they would be seen as heros if they weren't on T.V. making the money they make???

do you mean Canadian hockey wouldn't exist without American television? didn't sports exist before tv and radio? if a sport needs television to maintain popularity, isn't that saying something in and of itself?

or are you saying that only America could devise something so complicated as the NHL, thus allowing the Canadians a taste of glory?

either way, how does this show the dominance of American culture over European culture....?

(btw, I'm not Canadian :D )
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

aurelius said:
Define Europe. No where in the euro zone can you spend dollars.

EU member nations. So you are saying some out of the way Gasthaus won't accept my $20 bill? Maybe not officially, but I have a feeling it will get me a meal and a smile.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:


EU member nations. So you are saying some out of the way Gasthaus won't accept my $20 bill? Maybe not officially, but I have a feeling it will get me a meal and a smile.

seriously its unlikely IMHO.....

its a good currency to take abroad in that more countries are lilely to accept it than anything else other than travellers cheques

but i dont see it being accepted in a lot of places in europe. not unless u were paying for a 15 euro meal with a 100 dollar bill....no-one would go to the bother of changing currency unless there was profit involved for them.
 
Boring places, in europe? We´re liberal here... we can be all you want, but not as boring as the americans... all the europeans i know who study in the US say that the college´s party´s suck ass, ahaha!!!
 
The Varnsen said:
Boring places, in europe? We´re liberal here... we can be all you want, but not as boring as the americans... all the europeans i know who study in the US say that the college´s party´s suck ass, ahaha!!!

They're probably partying with the rest of the foreign students, doesn't say much..

we don't invite them to the good parties cuz they havent re-upped their deoderant since arrival..
 
The Varnsen said:
Boring places, in europe? We´re liberal here... we can be all you want, but not as boring as the americans... all the europeans i know who study in the US say that the college´s party´s suck ass, ahaha!!!


Yep. We're boring.
 
The Varnsen said:
Boring places, in europe? We´re liberal here... we can be all you want, but not as boring as the americans... all the europeans i know who study in the US say that the college´s party´s suck ass, ahaha!!!

Why would we invite someone who never bathes to a party??

:)
 
Code said:


Why would we invite someone who never bathes to a party??

:)

When I get a waft of strong body odor- you know, that unmistakable oniony/body cheesy smell- I just don't feel that festive.:D
 
The Varnsen said:
I´ve travelled through europe in the last month and a half... as a backpacker, you guys know the type? I met lots of americans, canadiens and australiens... there are guys that can travel for 4. 5, months up to a year, without stopping! The americans see Europe as the place to buy drugs and get laid, and thats it! They don´t respect our culture, i haven´t met one single intelligent, or at least educated, guy form the US. Before this, some guys i know had told me about this fact, but i answered them that it was all prejudice, " come on, its one of the most developed countries in the world and it has 300 millions inhabitants, they can´t be all idiots!!!" But now, even though i believe you guys aren´t all a bunch of retarded idiots, i start to wonder about your education system... do you really think USA is the center of the world? It´s just me, or most of the people who work in the Syllicon Valley are indian or chinese? And why do you fucking say, when asked where you´re from, thinks like these "Santa Fe, New Mexico"? I mean, most of the peeps don´t know jack shit about europe and they expect us to know where a cheesy state like New Mexico is? Why don´t you simply say "i´m from the USA"? Next time i´ll ask: "Ah, New Mexico, Arizona, is that central or south america"? Perhaps if i said with an american accent "I´m from Lisbon, Portugal!" some idiots might think Portugal is an american state... And why can´t you guys take a joke? You´re always ofended when we say jokes about the USA, i don´t know why... but then, in places like Munich, when the tourist´s guide is american, we hear things like "yea, we americans destroyed all we could of this city in the 2nd world war... if there´s still anything it´s because they reconstructed it after... " well, arrogant guys... Every american i met is very style conscious... they try to talk with style, walk with style, they´ll only hear to MTV success´s like rap and R&B music, the rest for them is crap... and they´ll hit the european girls hard... of course, they wont get anything and they´ll turn to the cheesy american sluts we have here and also travel alot... The easiest girl in the world: the american... i know, i know, most of them are fat so they have to be easy ehehe... but they could at least show some self respect and don´t fuck 2 or 3 guys in one night...
I´ll continue later...

well i wouldnt necesarily chaulk it up to be dumb. i would attribute it more to the fact that thier backpackers, i mean what kind of fucking idiot wants to strap a backpack to himself and walk around the country for months at a time. no place to take a descent shit and whatnot. damn underware stinking all to hell. for christ sake's, they probably dont even shower. just walking around like lost morons.

p.s. why in the hell did you put lisbon portugal where it ask for location. do you actually think someone is going to know where that shithole is? ah, i forgot, your a(holds up qoutation fingers) backpacker.
 
Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

spongebob said:
p.s. why in the hell did you put lisbon portugal where it ask for location. do you actually think someone is going to know where that shithole is?

Come on now, Lisbon is not a shithole. Once upon a time Portugal was home to the world's greatest Armada and they conquered many lands and peoples. Brazil is the greatest part of their legacy. Of course, today, they are not much of a power.
 
circusgirl said:
I have found that most backpackers (all nationalities) are naive and a bit lacking in knowledge of the places they visit. I wonder what south-east asia makes of all the euro-backpackers there.... (BTW, we like Aussies here in the UK, so keep 'em coming).

Trust me, plenty of pig-ignorant wankers over here, ever been on a Panorama holiday? argh!

I second that. Go to Aberdeen and in 5min you'll want to
get the hell out of there.

Personally, I think the US has no specific culture, its a melting pot
of various ones. A cocophony of cultures so to speak.

And don't get me started with your gastronomical culture: You have none to speak of. Actually, does a burger count? LOL

(Ok, you can bring the flames now....)

Fonz
 
spentagn said:


You're gonna love College Station. :D

Why?

EVERYBODY from Texas is telling me to avoid it like the Plague
btw. Why is that?

Especially TxLonghorn.

Fonz
 
Fonz said:


Why?

EVERYBODY from Texas is telling me to avoid it like the Plague
btw. Why is that?

Especially TxLonghorn.

Fonz

Just joking with you. I used to live in Huntsville, which is about an hour from College Station. It's the home of the prison system in Texas.

Anyways, College Station is sterotypical Texas. Horses, trucks, rednecks, beer, guns, racists. Pretty much your type of people :) It also has the highest DWI rate per capita in the country. You'll have to head to the Dixie Chicken there. They serve more beer than any other bar in the world except for one (in Ireland, I think). Great place.
 
spentagn said:


Just joking with you. I used to live in Huntsville, which is about an hour from College Station. It's the home of the prison system in Texas.

Anyways, College Station is sterotypical Texas. Horses, trucks, rednecks, beer, guns, racists. Pretty much your type of people :) It also has the highest DWI rate per capita in the country. You'll have to head to the Dixie Chicken there. They serve more beer than any other bar in the world except for one (in Ireland, I think). Great place.

Its in Dublin, and its open 24-hrs. Been there.

(Didn't know it served the most beer in the world though).

And(Snort), I'm not racist. I'm a technocrat.

Fonz
 
Fonz said:


And don't get me started with your gastronomical culture: You have none to speak of. Actually, does a burger count? LOL

Fonz

Then I guess you have never been to New Orleans. Coonasses down here can take the ass-end of a dead skunk and make your mouth water for it.
 
Fonz said:


And don't get me started with your gastronomical culture: You have none to speak of. Actually, does a burger count? LOL

Fonz

Then I guess you have never been to New Orleans. Coonasses down here can cook up the ass-end of a dead skunk and make your mouth water for it.
 
I FIND IT REAL FUNNY HOW THIS IDIOT FROM PORTUGAL IS THRASHING USA AND SAYING HOW DUMB WE ARE AND YOU SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE WHY IS THAT BECAUSE AMERICA DOES RUN EVERYTHING AND WE ARE THE POWERHOUSE OF THE WORLD THATS WHY YOU SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE.
 
When culturally speaking and complaining about America this is a futile pursuit. I find it ironic hearing foreigner's stabbing the minds eye, -thery're sadist really. America is every culture in the world. Sure there is culture in America. Name any one and we've got it.

Its my belief that those not aligned with America fear this evolution. Though it cannot be stopped. By the very nature of their questioning they have made one step closer to becomming "Americanized". The world will be effected. Change will continue to follow.

Just like all American's you have the right to refute, or hold in contempt anything you disagree with. Be it Brittny Spears, McDonalds, American POP bubble gum culture in general or even an unjust political system. These are American rights and you will find those in America who will support your cause.

America is what happens when everyone from all countries coexist as one country.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:


EU member nations. So you are saying some out of the way Gasthaus won't accept my $20 bill? Maybe not officially, but I have a feeling it will get me a meal and a smile.

Naturally, I cannot say for certain. (as with anything) But would such a place in the US accept a 20 euro note? Same odds.

Have you ever been to Europe?
 
The Varnsen said:
Boring places, in europe? We´re liberal here... we can be all you want, but not as boring as the americans... all the europeans i know who study in the US say that the college´s party´s suck ass, ahaha!!!

This I know something about. I think they usually were quite lame. BUT, that whole culture only exists because of the US draconian drinking age laws. Not really the kids´fault. Many US bars are also quite bad places for ambience, but maybe if some younger people could go, 18 or 19 I mean, it would be different. Anyway, this is a different discussion about US and European drinking cultures.
 
WIDELAT said:
I FIND IT REAL FUNNY HOW THIS IDIOT FROM PORTUGAL IS THRASHING USA AND SAYING HOW DUMB WE ARE AND YOU SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE WHY IS THAT BECAUSE AMERICA DOES RUN EVERYTHING AND WE ARE THE POWERHOUSE OF THE WORLD THATS WHY YOU SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE.

Your language?

You really are an idiot.

American is derrived from COLOQUIAL English.

i.e. Coloquial British

English comes from England not america. Go read some
more.

Fonz
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

aurelius said:
Naturally, I cannot say for certain. (as with anything) But would such a place in the US accept a 20 euro note? Same odds.

Have you ever been to Europe?

I don't think an out of the way American mom and pop would accept a 20 dollar Euronote, or recognize it for that matter, whereas I think the Gasthaus owner would both recognize and accept the US $20.

I have never been to Europe, but I hope to go soon. I would love to check out the Summer Track and Field circuit.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

ttlpkg said:


I don't think an out of the way American mom and pop would accept a 20 dollar Euronote, or recognize it for that matter, whereas I think the Gasthaus owner would both recognize and accept the US $20.

I have never been to Europe, but I hope to go soon. I would love to check out the Summer Track and Field circuit.

How could you talk so much about Europe and never have even been IN Europe? Until then you have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you like history? then you will like it over here. It´s not so consumer oriented so there is no customer service really. Just have to be patient. Many people speak enough English for basic commication. It´s not paradise or anything, though. Plenty of ignorance and racism, so you won´t feel too far from home!
 
First off can someone explain to me what the definition of culture is..(seriously i'm kinda lost)......Is it having a city filled with 500 year buildings and cobble stone roads(hell to me that is just a city or government that doesn't have the money to rebuild to the future)....Is it having 500 a year old castle that the rich live in....kind of like owning a painting from a dead guy who when he was alive, his paintings where worthless but someone decided(someone rich, that it would be a cool thing to do) its a scam and a myth...

Go to progae and take a look around(if that is fucking culture)you got to be kinding me.........You leave their and you want to slit your own throat....


I guess if I went to africa on safari, and watched some fools dance around with paint on their face...i would leave their enriched with culture--- NO? Looking at a guy with five --10 year old wifes and each of them having 4 kids of their own. And 70% of their tribe having Aids...Is that culture...

closing up a city (italy) and have a 4 hour lunch break that has 5 courses to it and talking shit about the old days... but if one was to look at the young females, does anorexic ring a bell......City's like these don't dare move into the future for if that did, their goes the tourism($) and their "culture"

They way I see it is culture can only happen when people become followers---(when the masses are all doing the same thing) and they won't allow "other cultures" in their enviroment.....Kind of bias and even racist to me..........Thank god for america---where even walk of life is excepted and leaders not followers are made every day......living in the past will get you nowhere...

The influence america "culture" has put on the world can't be denied........Russia----China --in 300 years these two giants will be just like we are today---of course we will be 300 years into the future---Why????Because they are followers and if you let someone get to far ahead, they can't be caught.....
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

aurelius said:


How could you talk so much about Europe and never have even been IN Europe? Until then you have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you like history? then you will like it over here. It´s not so consumer oriented so there is no customer service really. Just have to be patient. Many people speak enough English for basic commication. It´s not paradise or anything, though. Plenty of ignorance and racism, so you won´t feel too far from home!

I don't profess to know a lot about Europe first hand, I never did and earlier in this thread I said I'd never been. That doesn't keep me from having an opinion based on what I've learned from my education, reading, travelling to other countries and meeting and working with many Europeans.

I think I do have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. I don't associate with ignorant folks or racist folks so that wouldn't make me feel at all at home.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

aurelius said:
Plenty of ignorance and racism, so you won´t feel too far from home!

LOL. Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When americans come to Europe...

casavant said:


LOL. Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

HA HA!!!

Those kinds of people are everywhere. I know some catalans around here with their racist nationalist crap that make Iowans look cosmopolitan.
 
We could go back and forth for hours but one thing is certain, FRANCE SUCKS.

Any country that voted Michael Jordan cologne the number one scent of the year in 1996 is about as cultured as a dog's ass.

~3

PS I love the US and the rest of Europe.
 
3 Fortunes said:
Any country that voted Michael Jordan cologne the number one scent of the year in 1996 is about as cultured as a dog's ass.


This is exactly what I'm talking about. It would seem average Europeans are fascinated with run-of-the-mill American culture. That is why shows like Dynasty and Dallas and Baywatch that don't even see the light of day here anymore are highly rated overseas.

How many French shows are popular on American TV? None.
 
ttlpkg said:



This is exactly what I'm talking about. It would seem average Europeans are fascinated with run-of-the-mill American culture. That is why shows like Dynasty and Dallas and Baywatch that don't even see the light of day here anymore are highly rated overseas.

How many French shows are popular on American TV? None.

Like so much else, the US was way ahead of Europe after WWII so it had the money and expertise in television to get ahead of any european competition with tv shows like that. Whatever.

Don´t tell my you are proud of Walker Texas Ranger?
 
No, bro, Dynasty and Dallas were popular 10-15 years ago, my grannie watched them... Baywatch isn´t popular anymore... Walker Texas Ranger is still popular, but in the 12-16 years age range...
 
The Varnsen said:
No, bro, Dynasty and Dallas were popular 10-15 years ago, my grannie watched them... Baywatch isn´t popular anymore... Walker Texas Ranger is still popular, but in the 12-16 years age range...

Cool beans.

How popular was David Hasselhoff as a singer over there? I heard he had quite the following. Most people in the states don't even know he does music.
 
aurelius said:
Like so much else, the US was way ahead of Europe after WWII so it had the money and expertise in television to get ahead of any european competition with tv shows like that. Whatever.

Don´t tell my you are proud of Walker Texas Ranger?

Uh, I've never watched Texas Ranger even once, and I'm a Texan.
 
I love watching the Spanish channels (Telemundo). There's nothing but big busted, half naked women running around! Even the kid shows are hosted by these big busted, half naked women!

:p :D
 
David Hasselhoff is popular in Germany... or so i they say, because i don´t know his work, as i´ve never listened to any of his musics... But what that´s that have to do with anything?
 
JarHed said:
I love watching the Spanish channels (Telemundo). There's nothing but big busted, half naked women running around! Even the kid shows are hosted by these big busted, half naked women!

:p :D

Telemundo rocks!
I have no idea what the hell they are saying though.....
 
The Varnsen said:
David Hasselhoff is popular in Germany... or so i they say, because i don´t know his work, as i´ve never listened to any of his musics... But what that´s that have to do with anything?


Curiosity.
 
Top Bottom