Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats Your Opinion on Belts?

Do you use a lifting belt?

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
I never wore one (except for Strongman Events) till after I'd pulled 770 raw. I'd never go back now. I'm able to pull 800+, squat 800+, and do all my other stuff in the week without serious back fatigue.

That said...I also train THE HECK out of my abs to be strong. I don't wear a belt to replace my abs and just doing the core lifts is NOT going to give you strong enough abs/core to lift heavier and heavier. No matter what...you will have to train your abs hard and heavy.

I never wore one (except for Strongman Events) till after I'd pulled 770 raw. I'd never go back now. I'm able to pull 800+, squat 800+, and do all my other stuff in the week without serious back fatigue.

That said...I also train THE HECK out of my abs to be strong. I don't wear a belt to replace my abs and just doing the core lifts is NOT going to give you strong enough abs/core to lift heavier and heavier. No matter what...you will have to train your abs hard and heavy.

so if you could go back wuold you wear a belt from the start? or are you saying you only felt that you needed it once you got to that level of lifting those sorts of weights?

so if you could go back wuold you wear a belt from the start? or are you saying you only felt that you needed it once you got to that level of lifting those sorts of weights?

I for sure would have worn it more often...on all my maximum effort sets (heavy or light). I would have also spent more time training my abs hard and heavy.

the only time i wear my belt is if i am doing 85% of my 1RM for deadlifts (which is rare) and i use the belt for standing shoulder presses only on my worksets because i feel like lifting that much above my head does put a strain on my back.....the belt helps. i generally advice people not to wear belts unless they are lifting heavy or have had back problems in the past

never. probably never will, i really dont wanna have to use weight where ill have to use a belt...thats a freaky amount and i have no desire to do it so with that said i definitely think belts serve their purpose.

I've started using one for my heaviest warmup and my top set of squats, once I learned how to use it properly ie push out against it and not have it too tight it became much more comfortable and useful. Makes me feel alot more stable in the hole when squatting.

I also started training my abs alot more.

I don't like belts, straps, gloves, wraps, etc etc. you start wearing gloves then expect your forearms not to develop, i know cause i started having forearm splints when i used gloves... after i got rid of the gloves they went away. coincidence? no because if you read online a lot of people say the same thing

belts are good for powerlifters who are maxing out, but if you are a bodybuilder then don't do it. if you are lifting such heavy weight where you need to look like King tut with wraps, belts, gloves, etc. then you aren't bodybuilding.. bodybuilding is working your muscles, not working your tendons and ligaments

Top Bottom