Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whats your intervals of increasing weight

Anthrax Invasion said:
Once I start lifting again (I hate you, discs) I'll increase the weight as often as I can. I don't see any reason to wait around to up the weight, so long as you safely completed your reps the previous time, while being humble (i.e., no cheating or forced reps, proper form, etc.). I'd only make an exception if I was juicing (which I will never do) simply because the gains would come so quickly, I'd be afraid of going too fast and leaving my tendons and connective tissues in the dust.

Beginners should also be wary of jumping too quickly in order to avoid this. Then again, Rippetoe has people adding 100 lbs. to their squat in a relatively short time, and they seem fine.

I had an 8 month lay-off not so long ago, and although muscle memory is a wonderful thing, my tendons are knackered! I'm having to take 9-10 days before I'm ready to do the same muscles again. So my message is - take your time!

You shouldn't need a lot of time between each lifting session, just don't up the weights too fast. Frequent training (within reason) shouldn't bother the tendons. Then again, maybe your situation is different.

blut wump said:
Let the body work as a whole while the whole body is a weak sack of crap.

I guess that means you still need to do this, huh Blut? :chomp: PWNED

It's all good, you just make it easy. :evil:

When you're fresh back from a layoff it's generally not a good idea to try to dive back into your previous PRs at the earliest and fastest you can. Let your body re-acclimatize to the workload over a few weeks, or months if a long layoff. Keep increasing the load from workout to workout within your chosen timescale. When you get back to where you were, there's a good chance that you can keep going through it into new territory.

I've had layoffs lasting years at times. I always come back with whole body workouts for the first two or three months while everything remembers what working out is all about and to allow some decent synergy in my workouts.

Sorry, AI, could you explain that last post?

Some people are so sharp they'll end up cutting themselves.

Increase the weight whenever you can, just do it moderately.

I liked doing increasing reps with the same weight for 4 weeks and the upping the weight and dropping the reps like this:

week:..sets/reps/weight

1:.......3x5x250

2:.......3x6x250

3:.......3x7x250

4:.......3x8x250

5:.......3x5x275

6:.......3x6x275

7:.......3x7x275

8:.......3x8x275

9:.......3x5x295

Worked good for me when I was a few years i -obviously best for compound lifts.

Top Bottom