Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the worst illness you have ever? had?

Diagnosed with multiple Sclerosis in 2007. Changed my life but I still maintain as much activity as possible

Sent from my SGH-T959V using EliteFitness

Diagnosed with multiple Sclerosis in 2007. Changed my life but I still maintain as much activity as possible

Wow. Is it particularly advanced?

I've been volunteering with Women Against Multiple Sclerosis for a couple years.

I really feel awful or some of those ladies, glad you're not letting it stop you. :)

it's great that you stay active, the stronger you are now will help you endure, have you planned out anything for the future as per care, modifications to your home, etc? If you dont mind me asking how old are you?

I got shingles when I was 18. It wasn't that bad but the doctor laughed at me. He said, "It's not common in people your age; hell it's not common in people my age." He was late 50's.

Lot's of downer posts in this thread.

I got shingles when I was 18. It wasn't that bad but the doctor laughed at me. He said, "It's not common in people your age; hell it's not common in people my age." He was late 50's.

wow, yeah shingles are very uncommon at that age...

Doctors thought my impetigo was shingles for a while. Actually now that you say that I don't remember which they decided upon. He was a stupid doctor.

Pneumonia for me, thought I was going to die... happened just a few months back. Lungs were full of fluid, lost 20lbs in just over a week. Other than that, I've never really had anything worse than the flu, or a cold
I remember that. You were at death's door. Death came by and ran away at the sight of your face. :)

Dont mind any questions.

I have been labled as progressive relapse/remitting MS. Basically I have numerous muscle and CNS issues yearly. I was on a drug called Tysabri which is similar to chemo. However after 18 months the tysabri gave me a brain issue called PML. I had to then go thru a blood plasma exchange. It was awful.

Im now on a drug called copaxone. Its a daily shot but if it keeps me walking im happy.

Im 33 and a Male. Most MD cases are in woman in their 40's so its rare I'm this young and male.

Looking at me you would never know im sick. I was using a walking stick in 08 but thanks to exercise and believe it or not Steroids. Im walking with a slight limp and 6'3 240. Im 18% bf and have a 375bp.

Alot of people with this disease just quit. You have to have a strong mentality and will to get better. Although one day I will be wheel chair bound that day isn't now. Sounds cliche I know but I have a beautiful wife. and daughter I plan to walk down the isle one day

Dont mind any questions.

I have been labled as progressive relapse/remitting MS. Basically I have numerous muscle and CNS issues yearly. I was on a drug called Tysabri which is similar to chemo. However after 18 months the tysabri gave me a brain issue called PML. I had to then go thru a blood plasma exchange. It was awful.

Im now on a drug called copaxone. Its a daily shot but if it keeps me walking im happy.

Im 33 and a Male. Most MD cases are in woman in their 40's so its rare I'm this young and male.

Looking at me you would never know im sick. I was using a walking stick in 08 but thanks to exercise and believe it or not Steroids. Im walking with a slight limp and 6'3 240. Im 18% bf and have a 375bp.

Alot of people with this disease just quit. You have to have a strong mentality and will to get better. Although one day I will be wheel chair bound that day isn't now. Sounds cliche I know but I have a beautiful wife. and daughter I plan to walk down the isle one day

If there's something I've discovered this year is that young people can fit the mold of "old people" diseases my husband and I both have had some of these diagnosed this year, isn't it weird going to Dr visits with a bunch of seniors around? I feel awkward...

Not only are you doing something great but it is also incredibly smart and mature, as I said the best condition you are in now will determine how well you can endure the whole thing, I have read that steroids actually help a lot, waaaaay more than one would think, as you said you will be wheel chair bound and I cant even imagine what it is to be in your position, that's why I was wondering if you had any planks for the future as per home modifications, I know I like planning ahead a little too much so I'd already be buying shower chairs, rails, grabbers, stair elevators and all sorts of things, yet at the same time it might be a bit depressive to think about it it so soon, I guess I just rather know I have it there waiting so I dont have to worry down the road, but I'm a head case :p

When we bought our house I noticed the hallway was too narrow to fit a wheel chair and my husband said WTF who do we even know on a wheelchair anyway... 1 month later he fell and needed crutches for a few days, 3 months later he had a craneotomy.... thankfully he didnt need a chair, but you never know when you can need something like that, so I like to think of things from all angles

Top Bottom