Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What works better for you, training to failure or beyond failure?

What Works Better?

Depends on what you mean by that. I cycle it. I always do at least two positive sets to failure for each body part. Once every 3 to 4 weeks I'll add one more set to boost up the intensity. Sometimes you can get unmotivated when you workout, which can hinder your efforts. Like sometimes I feel I do put as much effort as I did the week or weeks before. So I'll either add another set to my selected exericse and do negatives. Normally 2 sets to absolute failure will use enough of your muscle fibers to make gains. If you feel your efforts aren't strong, I'd do one extra set of eccentric reps. That way you work more muscle fibers. Studies have shown that this type of method works more muscle fibers and produces good gains. Just what I've read. Training to failure isn't for everybody. Some people don't have that mentality nor do they wish to acquire it.

traininng to failure on like hte last two sets of four works best for me. especially with strength when i train beyond failure in the past it has not helped much at all

Top Bottom