Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What training method are you using now in terms of lifting?

A drop set is when you start out with as much weight as you can handle to hit failure by 12 and struggle out the last rep or two. Then you do do it again with almost no break in between sets with either the same weight if you can get 12 again or else you drop the weight a little. Same for the last set.

I know I'm getting stronger when I can get 2X12 with the same weight and drop for the 3rd. Then next time I'll increase the starting weight.

My own method which has absolutely nothing scientific in it. Each muscle group/body part once a week, 3 exercises each, 4 sets of 6-12 reps. I usually try to change/include a new exercise every month.

Ok I got a plan in my head for this week I am going to give it a try and post if I like it. Thanks for all your input very helpful.

daisy, in regards to your new leg work out....is that for building muscle or just maintenance?? i to try this but at the same time i want to build muscle in my legs (i suffer from the bubble butt and chicken legs syndrome)...anyways, please get back to me if you have time...thanks, katie

Daisy_Girl said:
Nothing fancy. :)

Lift every body part 1x a week, 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps, almost to failure (no spotter) - I go as close to failure as I can without ripping a bodypart off. The few times I have been able to go over 10, I up the weight.

Yep, this is exactly how I do it as well. I started off following RealGains routine, and modified it a little to end up here.

LaDyBuG said:
daisy, in regards to your new leg work out....is that for building muscle or just maintenance?? i to try this but at the same time i want to build muscle in my legs (i suffer from the bubble butt and chicken legs syndrome)...anyways, please get back to me if you have time...thanks, katie

I have sufficient muscle in my legs, which is why I focus more on non-weighted exercises. I have found that when I do weighted exercseis (especially heavier weights) I end up more unbalanced - since my upper body doesn't build muscle easily.

The exercises I do help define the muscles I have, and "shape" them more. Not sure how to describe it really.....just helps keep everything firm and defined without adding more muscle.

BUT, if you aren't seeing results in your current leg routine, changing it miught help. Your body adapts, so changing what you do can help "shock" your body into growing. :)

since i'm looking to add some size and change things up, would it hurt if i did my usual heavy weight leg workout with squats, leg presses, etc and then also did your leg workout later in the week...my promary focus for the next 6 weeks or so is going to be my legs...i just wondered if it hurt to work them out more than once a week....also it seems your leg workout would also be similar to cardio in that it seems high intensity and good for burning cals...always a plus in my book...and thanks for your reply...

I am actually going to continue with 5X5 for this week. Next week I think I am going to try HST I went to the site posted in training thread going to read up on it more this week just continue doing what I was tell then.

Shak I was doing 5x5 for almost 4 months good visible results in muscle growth etc. I am just geting kind of bored with it plus I am getting to a point with some moverments that I can not add more weight.

Wend I was going to check out your online journal but I am not platnium. Before I srtat HST next week I will post my routine if you don't mind giving me your input that would be great.

Top Bottom