Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What SPECIFICALLY, is overtraining

Another way of describing over-training is under-recovering.... I think that's where people sometimes forget that getting "into shape" (or prep for a contest or anything in between) is training, but also diet, sleep, supplements to a certain degree, good mental state - not just hours and hours in the gym!

~ sassy :angel:

Sassy69 said:
Another way of describing over-training is under-recovering.... I think that's where people sometimes forget that getting "into shape" (or prep for a contest or anything in between) is training, but also diet, sleep, supplements to a certain degree, good mental state - not just hours and hours in the gym!
~ sassy :angel:
Good thought...

power-builder said:
Overtraining is a term used by the slackers as an excuse to quit training hard.

I agree to an extent. Overtraining is very real and very possible to achieve but the term "overtraining" has been misused and abused for way too long.

It cracks me up when I'm getting ready to a 4th or 5th set of squats and one of the skinny fucknuts in my gym tells me I'm overtraining. WTF? (And this has actually happened before.) So let's compare quads then, buddy. I see lazy people use this as an excuse all the time. Usually the people who have enough mental fortitude, willpower, drive, and discipline to train like madmen also have the dedication to their diet and rest habits so that overtraining is never an issue with them anyway. For this reason, the majority of people that are yelling "overtraining" every other word are the ones who actually like the idea that, "Too much work at too much intensity will be detrimental." Hell, that's a lazy man's ideal statement! (Although it is true... TO A DEGREE!)

I can't speak for anyone else on this board but personally, I have always trained my balls off and I have NEVER felt any symptoms of overtraining!!! In fact, I've made steady good, gains over the years (drug free) and never once quit a workout too soon or didn't go to absolute failure for fear of the overtraining boogeyman.

Most spend too much time worrying about this bullshit...they'd be better off hitting it hard and saying to hell with overtraining. Kick some fucking ass in the gym...be a man! If you begin to overtrain...
you will know it!!! Trust me, the symptoms are not hard to recognize. If you're making gains, you can forget about worrying with this overtraining crap, jeeez!

For the last time:

Is overtraining real? Yes!
How many people actually do overtrain? VERY few.

We've been over this a million times on this board...

to keep it simple: overtraining to doing any more exercise than what is minimally required to stimulate growth. Yes, that means doing one set or one rep more than what is required to stimulate growth will constitute over training. To the exponent you overtrain, to that same exponent you are slowing your bodies growth compensatory growth mechinism.

einstein1 said:
overtraining to doing any more exercise than what is minimally required to stimulate growth. Yes, that means doing one set or one rep more than what is required to stimulate growth will constitute over training.

Not necessarily.

What you just described constitutes training beyond one's optimal growth window in terms of training volume or intensity. That's not always bad.

Some hardcore training programs promote "contolled overtraining" for the first 2 or 3 weeks to reinforce, stimulate, and challenge the body's natural recuperative abilities. After this initial "break in" period, training volume is drastically reduced while the body is still geared to recuperate from the high volume workouts. The result is: Short and intense sessions + increased recuperative ability = Exponential hypertrophy.

Overtraining is a chronic condition, NOT ACUTE!!!

Let's quit scaring people with this term.

GenetiKing said:

I agree to an extent. Overtraining is very real and very possible to achieve but the term "overtraining" has been misused and abused for way too long.

It cracks me up when I'm getting ready to a 4th or 5th set of squats and one of the skinny fucknuts in my gym tells me I'm overtraining. WTF? (And this has actually happened before.) So let's compare quads then, buddy. I see lazy people use this as an excuse all the time. Usually the people who have enough mental fortitude, willpower, drive, and discipline to train like madmen also have the dedication to their diet and rest habits so that overtraining is never an issue with them anyway. For this reason, the majority of people that are yelling "overtraining" every other word are the ones who actually like the idea that, "Too much work at too much intensity will be detrimental." Hell, that's a lazy man's ideal statement! (Although it is true... TO A DEGREE!)

I can't speak for anyone else on this board but personally, I have always trained my balls off and I have NEVER felt any symptoms of overtraining!!! In fact, I've made steady good, gains over the years (drug free) and never once quit a workout too soon or didn't go to absolute failure for fear of the overtraining boogeyman.

Most spend too much time worrying about this bullshit...they'd be better off hitting it hard and saying to hell with overtraining. Kick some fucking ass in the gym...be a man! If you begin to overtrain...
you will know it!!! Trust me, the symptoms are not hard to recognize. If you're making gains, you can forget about worrying with this overtraining crap, jeeez!

For the last time:

Is overtraining real? Yes!
How many people actually do overtrain? VERY few.

We've been over this a million times on this board...

I couldn't have said it better myself!...:)

Top Bottom