Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What Next?

Try switching to seated ohp with dumbells for the next month. That's the only thing that really works to get my shoulder presses moving. If I stick with standing BB or seated DB too long they just stall. So now I'll just do one until progress stalls then the other as long as I can and rotate between them.

There's no reason why it shouldn't. Maybe not 100% but it directly strengthens the shoulders and tri's in a very similar plane of motion with added stabilisation work... I actually feel seated DB is much better for shoulder work.

Feel free to disregard that though if you don't normally get any carryover. Another thing you could try is a high incline BB press. That should have some carryover to a strict standing press.

Strangely one thing that actually got my standing BB ohp to the highest I managed was to stop training the press on it's own seperate workout. It goes against what most people will tell you but once I stopped using the 5/3/1 template and started doing a push/pull/legs split I had to start training shoulders after chest. At first my standing press numbers took a hit but as I got used to it they eventually progressed to way past what they were before.

Rotating between standing press and push press can also work well to break through plateaus with that exercise.

Top Bottom