Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the best anti-inflammatory?

- the cox-2 inhibition lessening protein synthesis may or may apply to someone on steroids - no studies to my knowledge

- swat the naproxin is a cox-2 inhibitor also I believe

- best anti-inflamatory supp for a bodybuilddr is probably fish oils.

heavydutyhit said:
I am working on getting my right shoulder joint back to normal. It has been fatiguing early during some of my lifts and aching a bit. I saw a doc and he said to take ibuprofen 3 times daily for two weeks to see if it helped with the inflammation before going any further. I also threw in a decent amount of glucosamine, chondroitin, msm, and fish oil in addition to the ibuprofen. I ice it about twice a day and warm it up a bit with a heating pad prior to going to the gym. So far the progress is great. However I have read that somehow ibuprofen can hamper muscle growth by interfering with protein synthesis.
I am posting to get some feed back on A: your opinions of my "rehab" routine. B: any opinions/personal experience with the ibuprofen, muscle growth theory. And B: I want to get some alternative anti-inflammatory choices from you guys from personal experience, or from things you have read. Thanks in advance to those who offer assistance with this matter.

I like ALEVE,,but ONLY when ABSOLUTELY needed.

I like aleve for mucle pain and soreness. But like omega said I really wouldn't take anything before hitting the gym, it may blunt the pain and cause you not to feel that you may be pushing it too hard. This could cause something much more serious. Whenever you've had an injury you are much more prone to re-injure.

Forget about ibuprofin. Too much can damage anyones liver and its not an anti-inflammatory. Try naproxen sodium which is Aleve and bought over the counter. Its an NSAID which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflamatory that relieves pain and inflamation. U only need one 220mg tablet in the morning and evening or every 8 to 12 hrs. Pain relief comes within 1 hr after the first dose and last about 7 hrs. And it may take a few days for the anti-inflammatory effect to become apparent. There are no serious known side effects with it unless u overdose with it. Naproxen sodium or Aleve can be bought under other brand names or generic names. It really helps my spinal stenosis/lower back pain. Also for your muscles aches,sprains, & strains try soaking a tub of very warm water with Epsom Salt. This is a cheap natural remedy of saline solution and u just pour it under running real warm water. Relief comes in a little as 20-30 minutes. U can buy it at any over the counter drug area of the store. Taking fish oil with omega 3, 6, & 9 is very good as well. Good luck and keep your chin up too. x

Top Bottom