Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

• nike air type trainers

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • boots

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • converse sneakers

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • whatever shoes you come across first

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • barefoot

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • olympic weightlifting shoes

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • other footwear not mentioned-post up

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
I wear a pair of Skechers that are a very low style shoe and have almost a flat sole. Not much ankle support but there is not much give and work good. I have squatted in Nike Shox several times and it doesnt really bother me too much but the Skechers work much better.

Interesting that this thread was brought back from the dead. Over the past 6 months I've been squatting and deadlifting barefoot. I asked my dad (a physician) whether it's an issue and he said it wasn't but he did specify that if you put enough weight on your feet, arch support might be an issue. The problem is, he didn't really specify what 'enough weight' was as the conversation was short.

I guess my question is this:

I'm squatting 460 lately (my dead is 25 more), should I be worried about my arches at all? I suppose I can go out and pick up a flat soled shoe or wear my sketchers or something, but I really prefer barefoot. Anybody know?

Interesting that this thread was brought back from the dead. Over the past 6 months I've been squatting and deadlifting barefoot. I asked my dad (a physician) whether it's an issue and he said it wasn't but he did specify that if you put enough weight on your feet, arch support might be an issue. The problem is, he didn't really specify what 'enough weight' was as the conversation was short.

I guess my question is this:

I'm squatting 460 lately (my dead is 25 more), should I be worried about my arches at all? I suppose I can go out and pick up a flat soled shoe or wear my sketchers or something, but I really prefer barefoot. Anybody know?

I've read many an anecdote about arches and barefoot workouts, but the sources I've read that know feet in particular say there are no worries about your arches falling from squats and dls.

I've read many an anecdote about arches and barefoot workouts, but the sources I've read that know feet in particular say there are no worries about your arches falling from squats and dls.

that's good to know b/c I really enjoy shoeless. It really, not only elinates the cushiony heel issue, but it really helps me keep correct form.

I have been lifting in nothing but olympic shoes for almost two years. Adidas oly shoes are extremely overpriced. The shoes I wear: Weightlifting Shoes. They show no sign of wearing out. I actually wish they would so I could justify the purchase of a new pair. As far as size, I called and the owner helped me determine my size and they will exchange sizes until you are happy.

The only complaint I have about the non-Adidas OLY shoes is that I have very narrow and long feet which only the Adidas seem to fit perfectly.

I recently purchased a pair of flat soled shoes from Payless shoe source. They're slip ons and very thin.

I've only used them to squat/deadlift maybe five times for squatting and three times for deadlifts. Haven't ran with them or worn them out to public. They're falling apart already. Totally worthless.

They were only $25.00 though since they're Payless, but it's just poor quality.

Top Bottom