Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What drives you to accomplish stuff?

Smurfy and I need to turn you on to Dr. Wayne Dyer,

Here is my gift to you, the complete archive of his radio show, start where you want they are all downloadable. I think you will find it very helpful (registration is free)

http://www.hayhouseradio.com/episode_preview.php?author_id=89

nefertiti said:
I'm not really sure it's something you can "modify." Even if I slow down work-wise I'll still have to be the best girlfriend/wife/friend, the best at xyz hobby. I'm hopelessly type A and failure, the few times in my life it's happened, has been crushing.

But there is hope...A few months ago when things started getting really serious with the bf...it was because, and I told him this, he quieted the noise in my head. When I'm around him none of that crap matters and I can just....be. I think as long as I have someone in my life, whether it be him or someone else, who gives me that pause....that comfortable silence and relaxation...I'll be ok.

nefertiti said:
But there is hope...A few months ago when things started getting really serious with the bf...it was because, and I told him this, he quieted the noise in my head. When I'm around him none of that crap matters and I can just....be. I think as long as I have someone in my life, whether it be him or someone else, who gives me that pause....that comfortable silence and relaxation...I'll be ok.

Depending on others to quiet the noise in your head is a dangeruous way to live.
Finding "the quiet" on your own is true freedom.
Like MM69 says Wayne Dyer is a great spiritual healer but you can also read Eat Pray Love or anything from Eckhard Tolle (he's being featured through Oprah's book club now actually) or David R Hawkins
These folks can help you quiet your noise w/out depending on others

blueta2 said:
Depending on others to quiet the noise in your head is a dangeruous way to live.
Finding "the quiet" on your own is true freedom.
Like MM69 says Wayne Dyer is a great spiritual healer but you can also read Eat Pray Love or anything from Eckhard Tolle (he's being featured through Oprah's book club now actually) or David R Hawkins
These folks can help you quiet your noise w/out depending on others

I know it is. I've just never found it otherwise. When I wake up on a saturday morning alone, I wake up at six with this urgent need to do stuff. When i wake up with him, I can sleep till 11 before I get that itch to be productive. It was the first indication that peace was to be had at all, let alone found on my own.

I'll check out that link and book, though, for real.

Anger drives me. Proving people wrong drives me..
I love it when I am expected to fall, or when people tell me things will be too hard to do. Makes me want to do it to perfection even more so than what I already do. Prove them fuckers wrong

With every job I've ever had the desire to make sure it's done right. My parents drilled it into my head that "If it's worth doing it's worth doing right"

In the gym I am driven to keep working harder to keep the rage at bey.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I hate criticism! And, it makes me not want to do anything. Some people know how to give it tastefully and others dont. My coworker and I have been e-mailing eachother and putting [email protected] in the BCC to send positive motivation to each other. Even if you screw up it will send everyone an email back basically saying you are the best thing on earth.

I sent an e-mail to my coworker saying she screwed up and the thing e-mailed back, "Wow.Please. Take. A. Bow. I stand in awe of your strategic brilliance. Well done. We are not worthy." LOL

Top Bottom