Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What does it mean when your nauseated during your workout?

Ulcasterdropout said:
I got some upchuck in my mouth today after benchs.

That's so hot! :qt:

Feeling sick during a workout could be a result of how your body reacts to higher adrenaline levels in the bloodstream. I know after a long, hard run I feel a little queezy.

or it could be related to elevated body temp , i know one time i was biking extremely fast on a hot day and when i stopped puked my guts out, was light headed,etc... i think it was a heatstroke or something similar O_O

It could be a few things...

1) Lack of conditioning
2) Huge amounts of lactic acid in the blood stream (acid reducers help with this)
3) Low Blood Sugar (can drink gatorade or chew glucose tabs)
4) Dehydration

I've been through all of them...

Ohh...and you should NOT inhale or exhale while doing a max lift. One should hold their breath through the entire rep.

B True

Figure8 said:
Is it low blood sugar, not enough food?

Great question!! Ive always wondered the mechanics of this myself and could never get an answer. Here a are a few things from my perspective. No guesses on what causes it, but some personal experiences. Ive noticed that it doesnt matter if I eat or not, if I train intensely enough, I will dry heave if theres no food or water in my system. I used to vomit and dry heave almost weekly like clockwork on my leg days, for years.(usually only on leg days, but there have been other instances of vomitting or cold sweats combined with dry heaves) I was always waiting to build a tolerance for the vomitting, but that never happened. So, I just dont eat before these routines, and dry heave rather then lose a meal. haha Im not sure what exactly causes it, but I know that on these days Im pushing EXTREMELY hard. I havent vomitted in a while since my leg routines are much watered down from what I did in the past. My legs got very strong on machines, and dense, but not much size for all the torture I put into them. I would do 800lbs for 52 reps on leg press for example as only ONE of my sets on these days. Partial or not, my head was about to explode,oxygen was far depleted and I was WAY beyond the pain zone. Then Id just keep doing these types of sets over and over again until I was pretty much crippled. haha This type of intensity almost always guaranteed bad nausea and vomitting. Id often end up forcing the vomitting, rather then being nauseous for hours. Maybe the food or stomache content gets pushed up somehow, not really sure. Ive also been interested in ways to combat this, but seems it just comes with the territory.

Hey B, any backing as to why you should hold your breath during a 1RM attempt? I heard it's to stabilize the core, to avoid it collapsing. Just want to know your take on it.

These are all great points Ive also noticed it happens only toward the end of my workout and goes away when I eat.

WalkingBeast said:
Great question!! Ive always wondered the mechanics of this myself and could never get an answer. Here a are a few things from my perspective. No guesses on what causes it, but some personal experiences. Ive noticed that it doesnt matter if I eat or not, if I train intensely enough, I will dry heave if theres no food or water in my system. I used to vomit and dry heave almost weekly like clockwork on my leg days, for years.(usually only on leg days, but there have been other instances of vomitting or cold sweats combined with dry heaves) I was always waiting to build a tolerance for the vomitting, but that never happened. So, I just dont eat before these routines, and dry heave rather then lose a meal. haha Im not sure what exactly causes it, but I know that on these days Im pushing EXTREMELY hard. I havent vomitted in a while since my leg routines are much watered down from what I did in the past. My legs got very strong on machines, and dense, but not much size for all the torture I put into them. I would do 800lbs for 52 reps on leg press for example as only ONE of my sets on these days. Partial or not, my head was about to explode,oxygen was far depleted and I was WAY beyond the pain zone. Then Id just keep doing these types of sets over and over again until I was pretty much crippled. haha This type of intensity almost always guaranteed bad nausea and vomitting. Id often end up forcing the vomitting, rather then being nauseous for hours. Maybe the food or stomache content gets pushed up somehow, not really sure. Ive also been interested in ways to combat this, but seems it just comes with the territory.

Dude! you actually SAY stuff too?

All I remember is weird pictures.

I only get nausea from squats (so far)
I think I get it more if I have eaten not long before especially milk products, or if it is in the beggining on the day or if I am weak that day etc...
Pushing yourself so hard you are going to vomit in my opinion is not healthy, but I get close to it sometimes on squats, not beyond it. Definitely in my opinion, if you are in 100% condition while working out you should not get nauseus. Anything that is causing you to be not 100% like anything mentioned above would cause this.

Robert Jan said:
Dude! you actually SAY stuff too?

All I remember is weird pictures.

4906203November2003_027.JPG

Only time I get nauseas(sp?) is when the 40+ crowd comes out of the Aerobics room with always 3-4 of them with makeup running down to their chins .

Top Bottom