Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what does carpel tunnel feel like?

I tried that for carpal, doesn't work.

Carpal is basically when the sheething around the tendons lose their lubrication.
Warmth hasn't helped me.

gonelifting said:
I know this works for arthritis, not sure about carpal tunnel. Parafin Bath where you stick your fingers in a waxlike substance that`s preheated and forms a glove on your hands. That`s for temporary relief Ith ink. Not a cure or anything but it works very well.

It's supposed to be a "pins and needles" feeling in the hand, but mine actually started in the shoulder. Finally figured out my desk was at the wrong height. I had bought a new chair and didn't get it adjusted until I was playing hurt. Stupid, really.

ChefWide said:
The legs on your keyboard are EXACTLY the wrong thing to do, you need to angle your keyboard DOWN not up.

This surprises me, I always thought it was the other way around. Care to explain why this is, Chef?

Forge said:
This surprises me, I always thought it was the other way around. Care to explain why this is, Chef?

No problem:

Picture if you will the hand/wrist posture required for typing on a keyboard with the 'legs' exteneded: you constantly have to keep your wrists bent up to accomodate this position of the keyboard... this bent up wrist posture causes pressure directly on the Median nerve in the canal. This is a bad thing.

Now picture a keyboard that is lower on the far edge: your wrists are now more in line with the natural direction of your forearm and you releave the constant strain needed to keep your hands 'up'.

The secondary negative effect of having the leading edge of your keyboard lower than the far edge is that it forces the horrible habit of leaning on the exact spot you are trying to reduce pressure on. Gel rests or not, this is a bad thing for CTS sufferers.

Most folks who use a keyboard have their chairs too low/their keyboard too high realative to their bent elbow. If you have a desk that has an under the table keyboard 'drawer', try adjusting the tilt if you can to really let the key board slant down away from you. You will be instantly surprised how much less neck, shoulder and wrist strain you experience.

wow chef, that is awesome and totally makes sense.

jeez you had surgery for this! takl about being a pro on the issue.

mine is like a throbbing, not a sharp pain. maybe I have something else

Bran987 said:
wow chef, that is awesome and totally makes sense.

jeez you had surgery for this! takl about being a pro on the issue.

mine is like a throbbing, not a sharp pain. maybe I have something else

I went to the surgeon at NYU Medical that basicly invented the procedure. I know the head of Microsurgery there, so I asked him who was the man. He sent me the man. He does about 1500 of them a year. I like guys who practice.

What chef said. :)

I also had the surgery on both wrists, and before the surgery I couldn't sleep through the night. I would wake up all the time with my hand numb. The one thing that surprised me was that I had it in both hands. I was only having problems with one, but when they did the test it was in both. After the surgery I haven't had any problems with my hand going numb. My grip is a little weaker, but I can live with that.

Top Bottom