Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what comes first after workout?

E

Elite_Fry

does the protein shake or creatine come first after a workout??
like i pretty much have each within a few minutes of each other, but is one more important?
thanks

What difference would it make? Esp if you have them within minutes of each other. I have my creatine with my post-work out drink of protein/high GI carbs. Right after work out = glycogen depletion = muscles starving for carbs. Post work out liquid feed = massive carb absorption = shuttle aminos and creatine into muscle cells with carbs = growth!

I think that it is more important to eat the creatine sometime around eating the carbs because the insulin spiking that is caused by the carbs helps creatine be more efficacious. It may also have a positive anabolic impact on the protein, but I don't know for sure.

I would lean towards the creatine First, then the protein 30 mins later. Im gonna start this as soon as I place an order for some new stuff ... ;)

vtec96 said:
I would lean towards the creatine First, then the protein 30 mins later. Im gonna start this as soon as I place an order for some new stuff ... ;)

most ppl do this b/c creatine takes longer to be absorbed than dextrose or maltodextrin, such high gi carbs used to spike insulin. i prefer taking both immediately postworkout as i dont wanna wait 30 min for my shake after lifting.

Top Bottom