Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What are your Thoughts on NASM CPT Certification?

calimuscle

If I don't get into Medical School this year (I'm competitive, but have no acceptances yet) then I'm committed to get a personal training certification. I've had family & friends ask if I'd help with their training program. Since I'm on the path towards becoming a doc I have no issue with giving out the advice for free on a limited basis. At $700 the class is a steal compared to a medical education ($200,000+++ of debt).

I train at 24hr fitness and the trainers there recommended the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) certification as "the best."

What do you guys & gals think about this certification? Is it worthwhile compared to others, a better/worse value?

I'd prefer to get the most rigorous certification out there that is attainable in 3-6 months. Something that included a good nutritional foundation and gross anatomy would be a plus.

CSCS

If you have the 'potential' to be accepted into medical school but don't get in, why not go Physical Therapy?

I want to be a personal trainer.

Good, scientific based course, with a great framework which allows you to take your clients through "steps".
Well worth the money!

I have interviews this year but have yet to receive an acceptance. I chalk this up to factors that are very correctable and I'd just do the whole thing over next year with applications. The personal training thing is just to pay the bills and keep busy.

caligirl said:
CSCS

If you have the 'potential' to be accepted into medical school but don't get in, why not go Physical Therapy?

Whats the best way to get NASM CPT certified with no experience, would it be to take the workshop or get the total package= book, prac exam, cd-rom and all tha stuff?

work for a club that sponsors nasm. Boston sports club for example. you get a job and time to build a business and they pay for more then half of your school. they actually payed me to take classes... it is awesome and I am pumped to start making $$$ but you have to eb very out going and helpful. You have to love what you do and you have to treat it like your very own business all the way. :finger2:

Since I'm more interested in getting certified for my own self edification and not as a route towards a primary income, I am more interested in how NASM compares to other certifications. I"ve heard that ISSA focuses more on strength/weight training. Otherwise I'm pretty clueless since these certifications are a dime a dozen.

From what I have seen the certification runs approx. $700 for the course & test. Money isn't an issue if that's the cost.

Top Bottom