Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What are your short and long term goals in regards to your training?

DG -

I think its awesome that you are keeping your goals in perspective! You've accomplished so many great things - you look so amazing now & you have such a great command of the knowledge of training & nutrition - that is life knowledge that will serve you well for your whole life! A competition is truly an ultimate goal, however it is fleeting and it has a huge impact on your life for at least 4 months. I know many people who have almost literally compromised their existence in quest of that overall trophy, and I'm not even talking at the national level. If you can revel in your achievements without "needing" a competition, I sometimes think you are even better for it than someone who has done the competitions (aside from having some wild personal stories from your competitions). At the end of the day, sometimes that competition isn't really worth sacrificing other great things that can be going on in your life.

Otherwise, I continue to be inspired by your results & ongoing input & support to this site!

My goals -
- Still trying to get my life settled enough so that I can enjoy training the way I used to. Associated with this, I hope to get my diet more regular & also see if I can "fix" my ever-present tendonitis issues. Inspired by MrsPuddles' post & what everyone was saying about ART (active release technique) for treating tendonitis, I've made an appt w/ an ART-certified chiropractic guy on Monday.

Ultimate short-term goal - get back into a bikini w/o scaring small children.

The long term goals are just to enjoy whatever I can accomplish in my short term goals & keep the quality of my life positive & constantly improving.

Oly lifting: This year: break provincial standard in my weight class. Improve technique to a point where technique itself is not the defining point of training, but rather more strength development.

Next 2 years after that: reach national level. Lift with awesome speed, power and beauty.

PL: This year: bring bf down a bit to drop into lower weight class. Bring squat up more more more.

Oly lifting: This year: break provincial standard in my weight class. Improve technique to a point where technique itself is not the defining point of training, but rather more strength development.

Next 2 years after that: reach national level. Lift with awesome speed, power and beauty.

PL: This year: bring bf down a bit to drop into lower weight class. Bring squat up more more more.

next 11 weeks - get down to 8-9% bf with minimal muscle loss (currently ~15%).

ultimate goal - ~200lbs, 8% bf (should be here in 2 yrs)

PBR said:
:karate: Daisy...."To know What We Do Not Know, Is The Begining Of Wisdom"....

*SIGH* Very true, very wise. :)

I've spent so long beating myself up for what I am NOT, that I never really have focused on what I AM. I have always seemed to place my own self-worth on my physical appearance - inside that is what I thought, even though on the outside nobody knew that is what I was doing. I FINALLY realized this, and can't do it anymore. I am so much more than a bodyfat percentage, yet I was diminishing myself to this.

Am I a better person because I can get to 8%BF? Or enter a competition? No....and for me, the process has been more detrimental than positive. Not physically, but mentally. I understand WHY people do competitions, and admire the HELL out of the dedication and drive it takes. But I don't think it is for me any more.

I will never give up fitness, lifting, working out....even eating right, as sucky as it can be sometimes. :) I'll always do that. The benefits of such go SO far beyond the physical. I still have the DRIVE to be better, I am just not sure what my next step is.

Daisy-"To see a body as anything except a means of communication is to limit your mind and to hurt yourself. When the body ceases to attract you, and when you place no value on it as a MEANS to GETTING ANYTHING, then there will be no interference in communication and your thoughts will be free"....a very tough standard to live by, coming from our physical and material world...our exsistance is based on what we see (visual) and the things we can grasp and hold onto...it is the spiritual world that must be attained in order to progress, IMO.....you are begining to search for a new meaning...very cool. just my .02

Short term: to be as strong as I can for the track'n field season.

Long term: to fight off the symptoms of old age. To maintain this strength level (or improve it if I still can) as long as possible. My ambition is to bench 100 kg some day if my shoulders will allow it (they say it is possible, but my rotator cuff is so stubborn :worried: ). And I dream about 150 kg in deadlift.

I've had to drastically revise my goals since they seemed to be unrealistic. I started serious, consistent training in Jan '03 and made substantial newbie gains for the first half of the year. They slowed in the fall, then I completed two HST cycles the last quarter of the year and made some significant gains. However, I've made no LBM gains at all since the new year.

My ass (literally) is still carrying about 5 extra pounds left over from my HST bulking routines so I'm at about 153 now (5' 6"). I want to be at 148 for the kini season. No plans to attempt to add any LBM until it's coat time again. But from fall to spring '05 I am aiming to add 5 pounds of upper body muscle.

Short term: I´m pregnant now and baby should born in about five weeks. After that I hope that I can start training again as soon as possible.

Long term: To get my former body back! I have gained 18 kg so far... I haven´t really watched what I´ve eaten. My stomach is huge! Luckily there´s not much extra fat anywhere else.
Then later, I wanna improve my bench press and maybe compete someday.

Top Bottom