Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Went to New Orleans over the weekend (first time)

casavant

Well, I went down to see my sister graduate from Loyola with a bunch of family, so it wasn't exactly a grand opportunity to party or run around and see a lot of the city. The fact that I didn't have a car and was low on $$ didn't help any.

Still, it was interesting to finally see New Orleans, and I did get to do the Bourbon St. thing on Saturday night with my little bro and a friend of ours.

Observations and high points:

1) Lots of homeless people and freaks.

2) People seem to like to just kind of shit around and hang out a lot. It's a different atmosphere, for sure.

3) It was so damn hot and humid that I felt like a St. Bernard was breathing on me the whole time.

4) All of Bourbon Street smelled like after hours cleanup when I bounce at the bar.

5) You can buy lots of drugs really easily on Bourbon Street if you want to (no, I did not).

6) Some weightlifter who thought he was the shit was strutting down the street while I was waiting on a street car. I was talking to my bro about someone and used the word "bitch". Drunk weightlifter dude heard that, stops and turns to me (I was sitting down), and goes "WHAT??". I was drunk, but weighed the option very cool headedly of what I should do, decided I didn't want to risk staying in a New Orleans jail, and defused the situation. We ended up talking about Gold's Gym (he was from Maryland), and he offered to help get us home. Hahaha..funny shit.

7) Shortly after the last incident, a bum came up and asked for money and I pissed him off by giving him two pennies (I had less than a dollar to my name at that point, and was not in the best mood after having to deal with the previous jackass). He spent the next half hour cursing me from about fifty feet off- yanking pay phones off the hooks, kicking over trash cans, and challenging me to fight while taking some kind of thirties-style boxing/Kung Fu stance. I shit you not. I ignored him the whole time, except to eye him once in awhile and make sure that he wasn't pulling a sharp object out of his pocket or running over to bite me and give me a disease or some shit.

8) Did I mention it was hot as hell?

I'd like to go down again sometime when I have my own transportation and more time and money, as well as more energy. That would be a REAL easy place for me to get in trouble though. :D

CAS

SHOULDA CALLED.....I GRAD'D SATURDAY AND A BUNCH OF US WENT OUT ON SATURDAY NIGHT. THE QUARTER SUX ASS. ITS A WORTHLESS SHITHOLE. A WALL SHOULD BE BUILT UP AROUND IT AND IT SHOULD BE FILLED WITH WATER.

KAYNE

vinylgroover said:
Cas,

Are all the street signs in New Orleans in CAPS?

Negative, VG.

That is limited to SPECIAL K's lack of netiquette.

bourbon%20street.jpg

casavant said:
7) Shortly after the last incident, a bum came up and asked for money and I pissed him off by giving him two pennies (I had less than a dollar to my name at that point, and was not in the best mood after having to deal with the previous jackass). He spent the next half hour cursing me from about fifty feet off- yanking pay phones off the hooks, kicking over trash cans, and challenging me to fight while taking some kind of thirties-style boxing/Kung Fu stance. I shit you not. I ignored him the whole time, except to eye him once in awhile and make sure that he wasn't pulling a sharp object out of his pocket or running over to bite me and give me a disease or some shit.
did you enjoy meeting kayne?:FRlol:

Top Bottom