Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weak ankles

HI rep calf raises helped to bring up my weak ankles. Then when theywere normal, I just did a good calf session every week and carried on lifting heavy on the core stuff.

i hurt mine bad about 2 months back playing basketball and it is still naggin at me and it seems i have less control over it wanting to roll the the right or left
and it hurts when i jump high and land

ive always had problems with sprains but non like this one
ive been wearing a brace now for about a week and its starting to heal a lil faster
some call it a death wish but i actualy find that its been healing faster when i still play ball i just have to be carefull and make sure my brace is pretty tight
im hope'n that this goes away
its realy destroyed my speed and jumping ability and the gus macker is coming up :(

djeclipse said:
The things we do when we're young, stupid and just don't know any better.
thing is i sometimes worry that when i'm moving into position to squat, there is always a chance that some moron bumps into me from behind, i try to regain balance and twist the ankle while doing so... that would be disastrous... and a real possibility if you see that morons outnumber everyone at gyms...

silver_shadow said:
thing is i sometimes worry that when i'm moving into position to squat, there is always a chance that some moron bumps into me from behind, i try to regain balance and twist the ankle while doing so... that would be disastrous... and a real possibility if you see that morons outnumber everyone at gyms...
It's a very real possibilty.

I bashed someone on the head with the bar about a month ago. I posted it the morons at the gym thread but I was basically standing in a rack speed-repping overhead presses. This dork just walked straight under the bar and took one to the head.

blut wump said:
zaxxon, how long before you could walk again and how long before you could walk without thinking about twinges in the ankle?
It was a pretty long time ago so I'm not exactly sure but it was roughly a week in a wheelchair, 2 weeks on crutches, and then another 2 weeks in one of those support boots. After that I limped around for about a month before I could really walk. Rehab progressed this whole time and continued for a total of maybe 3 months.

It took about 6 months before I was confident on the tennis court again, and even 12 years later my left ankle doesn't feel as strong as my right.

zaxxon1982 said:
This site has pretty much everything I did and then some.

http://www.orthoassociates.com/Ankle_rehab.htm

I did a lot of exercises 1, 2, 3, 9, 13, and 14 plus most of the stretches. Exercise 9 is what I meant by "foot curls" earlier.

Thanks for the link and the replies by everyone.

most of the exercises i this link are using the ankle in the up/down movement, will that movement strengthen the side to side "pivot" as that's where the ankle seems to be weak.

Also kaukasion, I believe that wearing a brace like that will actually make the ankle weaker and you will become too dependant on it. I used to wear a brace and while it let me play over all my ankle got weaker as the brace never forced the weak part of my ankle to "work". Ind of like wearing a belt and straps for deadlift.

so far I;ve ben lucky and it seems ot be healing, maybe in a weeks time I will be able to try sone of these exercises.

silver_shadow said:

That would relaly suck. Sometimes I get worried just walking out of the rack to do squats, it's such a far distance to be cairying all that weight (well it's heavy for me) when allit takes is a slight wrong move simply walking with no weight.

djeclipse said:
Thanks for the link and the replies by everyone.

most of the exercises i this link are using the ankle in the up/down movement, will that movement strengthen the side to side "pivot" as that's where the ankle seems to be weak.
They will work. You don't want to put too much stress directly on the ligaments until you've had some time to recouperate. The big ones on the sides of the anlke are the stabilization exercises.

Well another game another injury, lol

last night I really screwedup the other ankle (right). It's much worse then the other one I am having a hard time walking today. I am pissed that I won't be able to do squats today and I hope I can still deadlift as I was going to g for a 5lb PR.

This sucks...

Top Bottom