Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Walking vs running

Whats better for fat burning?

• walking

Votes: 81 29.2%
  • running

Votes: 165 59.6%
  • other: list

Votes: 31 11.2%

• Total voters
What do you guys think of running REAL Stairs, like in my building, goes up to 36 floors... I can run/jog than barely walk all the way up... is that considered comparable to a HIGH INTENSITY workout? It doesn't last that long , but I sure as hell am tired after it..

Running burns a larger percentage of carbs, but more calories are burned overall. Lower intensity exercise causes more cals to be utilized from fat. However, since fewer carbs are being used, there is a better chance for the carbs to be stored and possibly turned into fat later.

With no change in diet, I've noticed I get leaner, faster with running than any light-intensity cardio.....most likely due to the fact that i'm burning a greater amount of calories.

agreed

I actually walk on the treadmill at a 14-15% incline for my cardio - I switch off running/walking for a minute each partway through.....then when I'm about to throw up, I just walk the rest of the time. Incline treadmill stuff is a great way to boost your heartrate - plus is works out your ass! :)

I prefer running but when your trying to lose weight you have to cut down your calories from carbohydrate and then running becomes impossible to do with the low energy. Running builds muscle and with more mass the more you utilize calories. Really it doesn't matter what exercise you do only your diet is what can make you lose the weight.

The amount of fat burned by running is equal to the amount of fat burned by fast or brisk walking. You may choose any of them, but I would recommend brisk walking.

Hey...running is a very good exercise as compared to walking. Running helps in burning calories and running on a treadmill will help in reducing the strain to the ankles, knees and lower back that would be involved in running on a normal space.

Could not disagree more. The most shredded athletes on the planet are swimmers and sprinters. That is not low-intensity cardio. It is insanely high intensity cardio on short intervals. The people that lose muscle are long distance runners that keep up a medium to high heart rate for hours at a time. Short term super high intensity like sprinting or high intensity for 15-20min is not going to eat your muscle.

Heh yeah but swimming is more of a weight training exercise than cardio, you are meeting decent resistance in the water, and propelling your body with every major muscle group.

Heh yeah but swimming is more of a weight training exercise than cardio, you are meeting decent resistance in the water, and propelling your body with every major muscle group.

You don't think sprinters have resistance? Watch any of the combine over the weekend? :)

How about BOTH?

I will fulfill an entire hour for cardio but at first I will run for 2 miles on a slight incline to get a good sweat, then walk at an extreme incline at a 4.0 pace for the rest of the remaining hour. This is what works best for me and I am continually shredding fat while still gaining muscle strength and size.

Top Bottom