Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vegan alternative to whey/animal protein?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can get away with no meat by utilizing yogurt, eggs, and other non direct animal protein found in beans and other dairy products.

i'm not a fan of tofu because of the GMO content and because soy is possibly catabolic due to increase in estrogen.

now your question if you can be a vegan and still be built like a freight train.. the answer is YES. but its not as easy. I was a vegan myself for 2 years and I was pretty damn muscular. but not everyone has the discipline I do to accomplish this

Vegan = no yogurt no eggs no dairy. Its a lot tougher to get protein as a vegan than a vegetarian. Soy and other bean products, peanut butter, other nuts and nut products. Its pretty limited.

you can get away with no meat by utilizing yogurt, eggs, and other non direct animal protein found in beans and other dairy products.

i'm not a fan of tofu because of the GMO content and because soy is possibly catabolic due to increase in estrogen.

now your question if you can be a vegan and still be built like a freight train.. the answer is YES. but its not as easy. I was a vegan myself for 2 years and I was pretty damn muscular. but not everyone has the discipline I do to accomplish this

you mean you were a vegetarian then lol because a vegan cant have yogurt or eggs.

Vegans can not consume meat, eggs, milk or any food that is derived from animals.

Vegans just like everyone else,need complete protein to get all the essential amino acids, so their body don’t fall into a negative protein balance, go into starvation mode and start to eat away their muscle.

Soy and quinoa have complete protein in them.Althought you have to be careful with soy, due to the estrogen factor.Keep in mind it isnt necessary to eat complete proteins at the same meal.

Last edited:
you mean you were a vegetarian then lol because a vegan cant have yogurt or eggs.

Vegans can not consume meat, eggs, milk or any food that is derived from animals.

Vegans just like everyone else,need complete protein to get all the essential amino acids, so their body don’t fall into a negative protein balance, go into starvation mode and start to eat away their muscle.

Soy and quinoa have complete protein in them.Althought you have to be careful with soy, due to the estrogen factor.Keep in mind it isnt necessary to eat complete proteins at the same meal.

no bro I was straight vegan.

I was just using an example of being a vegan and just eating eggs or yogurt on the side. I know people who are vegans who still eat an occasional fish or eggs. you are still a vegan if you are 90% non animal by products IMO. those that are 100% are 'true vegans' there is a difference.. i think the 90% vegan route is much more practical and can be very healthy (unless you eat nothing but frozen tofu all the time)

so OP become a 90% vegan .. eat an occasional fish or 2 eggs a day. and yes you can build muscle i promise you with a strong workout regime and also supplements (which should be done regardless)

Last edited:
I would say that a guy who eats 2 eggs every day and calls himself a vegan is kidding himself.
Its like saying I'm a non- drinker, except for the 2 beers I have every day.

^^^ depends on if you are doing it for moral reasons and feel as though cage free chickens are being mis-treated.

I don't eat eggs that aren't cage free myself..

and there are vegetarian/soy fed eggs you can buy as well which are marketed to vegans/vegetarians

I'd consider that a really dedicated vegetarian...if it's for the principle, fish have feelings to bro.

But to the OP...
Check out Warrior Force. They make a vegan protein called Warrior Food Extreme.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EliteFitness

I'd consider that a really dedicated vegetarian...if it's for the principle, fish have feelings to bro.

But to the OP...
Check out Warrior Force. They make a vegan protein called Warrior Food Extreme.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EliteFitness

Underneath the bridge
The tarp has sprung a leak
And the animals I've trapped
Have all become my pets
And I'm living off of grass
And the drippings from the ceiling
But it's ok to eat fish
Cause they don't have any feelings
Something in the way
Ummmmm
Something in the way, yea

Cobain, Kurt

i catch my own fish.. less of a footprint on the environment and I don't know how long or how far that dead fish has travelled. its funny the local fish market where i live sells fish from costa rica!!! its apparently cheaper to ship in fish from there then to bring in fish locally. who knows if those fish who exposed to the sun... when you catch a fish it needs to hit the ice immediately and then be cleaned within hours if you want top notch quality. many types of fish like trout for example will quickly lose their taste if put in the freezer. never buy frozen fish for this reason, the fresher the better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom