Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UNBIASED review of Need To Get Whey

kscowboy

Ok I received two samples of Whey To Build Muscle from N2G. There was a thread a week or so ago talking about another protein powder company and i replied. N2G told me he would send me a free sample so i could see for myself and to decide what i thought about it first hand. I sent him a pm and told him that i would like to write a review of the protein and post it on here. He welcomed the review with confidence. So here goes........

I WANT TO START OFF BY STATING THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN PROMISED ANY SORT OF COMPENSATION EITHER MONETARILY, FREE PRODUCTS OR ANY OTHER COMPENSATION FOR WRITING THIS REVIEW.

THIS REVIEW IS MY PERSONAL OPINION ON 2 SAMPLES OF WHEY TO BUILD MUSCLE PROTEIN POWDER.

I have been in bodybuilding for about 20 years. I am 38 years old and have seen a ton of products in this industry come and go. I have tried almost every protein powder that has hit the market (Some of them dont exist any longer and some do). I have tried powders that tasted like shit, gave me the shits, created allergies, gave me hives, put me in the hospital and some that were also pretty good. Powders have came a long way over the past 20 years and especially in the past 10 years. There are some really good powders out there now a days that most people have very good success with and also taste good. For the sake of argument and respect, i will not mention any other company, brand or endorsement in this review.

Personally, i believe that all reviews should be given when the powder is mixed with water, in a shaker bottle. Most (If not all) of todays powders will mix really well in a blender. Most of them will also taste pretty decent if mixed with milk. Some of them taste very different if mixed with water. SO i believe that a standard of using a shaker bottle with water, is the key to a good review. It tells you the true taste, mixability and overall quality of the powder.

STANDARDS:

Shaker bottles: Most of todays athletes use a shaker bottle for their every day mixing of supplements. A good shaker bottle makes it very easy to mix and consume supplements throughout the day as well as on the go. If a powder does not mix well in a SB it can leave lumps or stick to the sides of the bottle.

Water: As stated above, milk can mask the true flavor and mixability of the supplements. Water will give you the TRUE COLORS of the powder. Milk also hides the consistency of the powder.

Time: I consumed these shakes in a timely manner but did not rush things (I was taking notes along the way). It probably took me about 5 minutes to consume both shakes. This is a little longer than "Real Life" but it allowed me to see if things were changing with time. Some of the old powders needed to be slammed immediately or they would turn to cottage cheese within about 30 seconds.

After Test: This is the true test to tell the quality of powders. A ton of people that try or do use powders, experience stomach pains, gas, bloating, nausia, hives and other problems after they drink their shakes. This is the most important part of the review for me.

Review: First off i am going to start off with packaging. These samples came in small single serving pouches with a label on one side. One complaint is the labels were a little hard to read because the printing was so small. I was able to read all the info i need to but did have to squint a little (I assume the regular sized packages are easier to read). I dont mind powders that come in bags. It saves us, the consumer, money!! But what i dont like about companies that send their powders in bags, is when the bag looks like a body bag with only 5 lbs of powder. That is just too obnoxious. By looking at a 5lb bag (Picture) it looks like the bags are very proportionate to the amount of protein in the bag. These bags also have a Zip Lock Top which is very important for freshness!!! Overall the packaging is simple but yet very effective!!!

Next is the powder itself. I received 2 different flavors (Cin Bun and espresso). The cin bun, at first, tasted a little weird. But the more i drank it the more i liked it. The espresso was also very tasty and i liked it from the first sip (Im a huge coffee flavor fan). The powder has 111 calories, 22g protein, less than 2g carbs, less than 2g fats (Dont hold me to those exact numbers cause my wife threw away the packets i was saving for this review). Those numbers are very comparable to the other proteins i currently use and actually the calories in WTBM are better. There are more servings per container than my current powders so that is a plus as well. SOme of todays powders have 3 times the calories as WTBM. TO me a pure protein powder should not have excessive calories or it should be labled as a weight gainer. THe mixability was also fabulous!!! A few shakes in my shaker bottle and it was totally mixed up. Very few small lumps but overall it mixed amazingly (In water). The consistency stayed the same from start to finish. Not too thick, not too thin. Just right!!!!

After consuming each package (I took them a day apart) i waited to see just how well they settled in my stomach and if they created any problems. TO MY DELIGHT there was harmony in my stomach. This product contains whey concentrate which usually causes me some discomfort. But this time it did not. Im not sure the amount of concentrate vs isolate there is in each package but my stomach did not mind the mixture. I had no discomfort, no bloating and above all NO GAS (Tons of powders give me gas....ask my wife:bawling:)....Overall i was very pleased with the quality of the powder.

Price:I am never one that complains about quality being priced higher than non quality products. But to my surprise, the WTBM is priced very well than others. Actually it is priced cheaper than my current powders and that is with the cost of shipping. My current powders are considered top of the line powders that you can pick up at any good supplement or bodybuilding store.

Conclusion: In conclusion, i would like to give an over all rating of the WHEY TO BUILD MUSCLE Protein Power a 9.5/10. Only very minor deductions (I was trying my ass off to find something wrong with these powders. I liked them so much it was very hard (But i hate 10/10 scores......there is no perfect powder and there is always something that could be improved).

WHEY TO BUILD MUSLE will definitely be my new powder!!!!!!

Best overall review I have seen so far. Well thought out and in detail. I like that you put a lot of time and thought into it bro. I shows that you are a true conasore (<<<-- ya go fuck ya self i cant spell some one spell it for me )

But thank you for the review bro and i am glad i could help you find the next level of protein for you. That is what I am all about. God damn it fuck selling supplements altogether for all I give a shit. I spent 3 hours on the phone today with a dude and sold him nothing. I would do it for anyone. I want to help people and that has " always" been what I am about.

I like to pay my bills ( who don't) but other then that I live for helping people. I wish I was rich and had more money. The more I get coming in the more I swear on my life i will give out to everyone in some way, some how. Thats me and its always going to be me. You and all my friends are my life. Call me peeps I am here for ya

I agree with N2, very good review. N2 you shoulda sent the man the Vanilla Nut, you woulda got 10/10 for sure.

HAHAHA Thanks fellas. Like i said, this was my opinion. I wasnt promised anything in return and i wanted to be as thorough as possible. And believe me if i didnt like it, i would have said so. But that wasnt the case.

Captain-If he can win me over with vanilla anything he is doing good. I quit buying vanilla when Cybergenetics (They made a protein powder long before they made a "GET BIG KIT") vanilla made me puke!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!..LOL

HAHAHA Thanks fellas. Like i said, this was my opinion. I wasnt promised anything in return and i wanted to be as thorough as possible. And believe me if i didnt like it, i would have said so. But that wasnt the case.

Captain-If he can win me over with vanilla anything he is doing good. I quit buying vanilla when Cybergenetics (They made a protein powder long before they made a "GET BIG KIT") vanilla made me puke!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!..LOL

Wow, you're just like a guy a use to lift with in highschool, he always called it Cybergenetics and I'd always correct him...ITS CYBERGENICS. That's really funny, and old school. I remember Ultimate Orange too, the old "GOOD" formula that had real joos in it.

I'm not much of a vanilla fan either but I've head the vanilla nut is superb. Joe D reviewed it and he is a hard sell on any protein powder with concentrate in it.

WELL written unbiased review, NTBM brings only the best quality to the supplement industy bro, glad to see the protein hit your stomach well!

Top Bottom