Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC 74 Results !

redsamurai said:
it would kind of be a sham if crocop got to fight couture by beating kongo............who's nothing but another stand up fighter like crocop. Crocop needs to go through Gonzaga before he get's couture. Plus, I thought Fedor was going to come out at this pay per view............guess not.

How about Arlovsky vs. Noguiera then the winner gets Randy. Fedor fights for Bodog. He wont be coming to the UFC for a while if at all.

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
How about Arlovsky vs. Noguiera then the winner gets Randy. Fedor fights for Bodog. He wont be coming to the UFC for a while if at all.

dude, bodog has noone for fedor to fight........I know he's in negotiations with the UFC, I think one of his stipulations is that the UFC does a pay per view in moscow. Anyway...........noguira would like destroy arlovsky......not a good fight. I'd like to see Mark Hunt come over..........anyone heard anything about him? If he fights Couture like he did his last fight against Fedor.........he would destroy Randy. I have never seen Fedor dominated to the degree that Hunt was dominating him...........Hunt reversed every single take down Fedor threw at him.......and he was just bombing Fedor on standup. Fedor went into desperation grapple mode more than once after he got his bell rung. But Hunt always get's caught with that key lock..........

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
Gonzaga kicked Randy hard enough to break his arm. Gonzaga is going to be a force to recon with. Gonzaga spent most of that fight drowning in his own blood and still put up a battle.

randys arm was broken from that kick?

my god these guys aren't even human.

redsamurai said:
dude, bodog has noone for fedor to fight........I know he's in negotiations with the UFC, I think one of his stipulations is that the UFC does a pay per view in moscow. Anyway...........noguira would like destroy arlovsky......not a good fight. I'd like to see Mark Hunt come over..........anyone heard anything about him? If he fights Couture like he did his last fight against Fedor.........he would destroy Randy. I have never seen Fedor dominated to the degree that Hunt was dominating him...........Hunt reversed every single take down Fedor threw at him.......and he was just bombing Fedor on standup. Fedor went into desperation grapple mode more than once after he got his bell rung. But Hunt always get's caught with that key lock..........

Fedor presently fights for Bodog and Fedor's management is aparently making demands on the UFC to host a PPV in St. Petersburg to which the UFC will not comply. That means that any negotiation is at a stalemate and Fedor is not going to the UFC. It doesn't matter if there is noone in Bodog to fight Fedor as that is where Fedor currently fights. Bodog has and will put on shows in St. Petersburg.

You saw a different Hunt/Fedor fight than I did. Hunt never hurt Fedor. The closest Hunt came to doing any damage to Fedor was a botched keylock. Hunt was taken down and almost armbarred the first time Fedor grabbed him. Hunt had a run when Fedor lost an armbar attempt and Hunt executed an excellent pass to side control, but did nothing with it. Hunt fell on top of Fedor and got side control again when Fedor missed a head and arm throw. Fedor escaped bottom, then missed two whizzers because Hunt was running, not reversing. Hunt kept clinching Fedor and pulled his hips away to avoid throws. Fedor switched takedowns from whizzers to a belly to belly takedown and imediately threw Hunt and got a Kimura out of half guard. Hunt was running much of that fight and Fedor did more damage standing. Hunt's only direct hit was a leg kick early on. It's odd you can call a fight domination when the guy dominating lost by kimura in the first round and never even scored a knockdown or even wobbled the allegedly dominated. You could make a better argument that Fujita dominated Fedor as Fujita at least made Fedor fishdance before getting choked out by Fedor.

I also have to disagree with your assesment of the Minotauro/Arlovsky match. Heath Herring hung with Minotauro up on the feet and I think Arlovsky is a better striker than Herring. Only big punchers have dropped Arlovsky and Minotauro does not have a lot of sauce on his punches. Arlovsky hung with Pe De Pano on the ground and Minotauro is not as good on the ground as Pe De Pano. Arlovsky also stuffed Vladmir Matyushenko's takedown attempts and Minotauro has nowhere near the takedown ability of Matyushenko. I'm not sure where you see Minotauro able to tool Arlovsky. I see it as a pick 'em fight, perhaps with a slight edge to Minotauro.

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
You saw a different Hunt/Fedor fight than I did. Hunt never hurt Fedor. The closest Hunt came to doing any damage to Fedor was a botched keylock. Hunt was taken down and almost armbarred the first time Fedor grabbed him. Hunt had a run when Fedor lost an armbar attempt and Hunt executed an excellent pass to side control, but did nothing with it. Hunt fell on top of Fedor and got side control again when Fedor missed a head and arm throw. Fedor escaped bottom, then missed two whizzers because Hunt was running, not reversing. Hunt kept clinching Fedor and pulled his hips away to avoid throws. Fedor switched takedowns from whizzers to a belly to belly takedown and imediately threw Hunt and got a Kimura out of half guard. Hunt was running much of that fight and Fedor did more damage standing. Hunt's only direct hit was a leg kick early on. It's odd you can call a fight domination when the guy dominating lost by kimura in the first round and never even scored a knockdown or even wobbled the allegedly dominated. You could make a better argument that Fujita dominated Fedor as Fujita at least made Fedor fishdance before getting choked out by Fedor.

Dominate is a relative term especially when you're talking about Fedor. I had up till then not seen someone handle Fedor like that.......and yeah, the fight that I saw Hunt was stinging him and made Fedor clinch up. And in the fight that I saw Hunt also reversed every take down attempt and ended up on top. Now mind you I know that Hunt is useless on the ground and I know he got keylocked........that's his weakness.

I also have to disagree with your assesment of the Minotauro/Arlovsky match. Heath Herring hung with Minotauro up on the feet and I think Arlovsky is a better striker than Herring. Only big punchers have dropped Arlovsky and Minotauro does not have a lot of sauce on his punches. Arlovsky hung with Pe De Pano on the ground and Minotauro is not as good on the ground as Pe De Pano. Arlovsky also stuffed Vladmir Matyushenko's takedown attempts and Minotauro has nowhere near the takedown ability of Matyushenko. I'm not sure where you see Minotauro able to tool Arlovsky. I see it as a pick 'em fight, perhaps with a slight edge to Minotauro.

I don't know about Arlovsky being a better striker than Herring. I just don't see him stuffing tauro for 3 rounds unless he comes back vastly improved. Granted I haven't seen the matyushenko fight you're talking about, I'll try to look it up. But of the 4-5 fights I've seen of Arlovsky he's completely underwhelming in every aspect of the MMA game.

^^^^^^^^^

look up the term "Bad Muther Fucker" in the dictionary and couture's name pops up

Whiskey

Top Bottom