Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Two a day workout?

Lynchy

At the moment I'm doing a two a day workout which will allow me more rest days.

Monday: Abs and chest
Tuesday: legs and triceps
Wednesday: Rest and Cardio
Thursday: Abs and Shoulders
Friday: Biceps and back
Saturday: Cardio
Sunday: Rest

Supplements: Phd Whey protein and USN bcaa.

And I'm 16. Is this good or bad?

You could work each one twice and still have two rest days if you do two major ones a couple days a week. Ex. I do deadlifts on Mon with two back/bis and one or two leg workouts to go along with deads(pretty strenuous). Tues. Chest and tris hard. Wed rest or core/light back/bis(if my body isn't completely destroyed from monday). Thurs shoulders(also like to throw some incline benches in there) and tris. Fri Squats and other legs/calves/core. Sat chest/back/shoulders(lighter weights 5 sets of 5 on each). I can usually complete all these within an hour and fifteen if I stay motivated and don't BS. Sunday...Rest(plenty of sleep)

This what works for me. Sometimes if I feel exhausted ill take shoulders day off also, but won't miss deads, chest, or Squats.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

as themondtster says you can get two day rest i would do it like mon(chest-arms), tues(legs,calves,shoulders),wed(back,abs,calves,deadlifts) and then repeat thur(chest-arms) fri(legs,calves,shoulders) sat and sun off and then start on mon with (back,abs,calves,deads) and son on, but i guess it depends on how long have you been working out and if you are on ass or not, if have working out more than 2-3 years and if you are on ass definitely work those muscles twice a week if you are not on ass and it's your first or second year you can also do it but only for a month to give your muscles a little boost and then go back to once a week 'cause i you do it more than a month without ass you could overtrain your muscles.

id recommend something like a 5x5 routine which is a full body workout with every second day as an off day or a 3 day split like pushing muscles, pulling muscles, legs, off.. if u are newer focus on compound lifts. lol at every time manuel says ur on *ass* ^^^

id recommend something like a 5x5 routine which is a full body workout with every second day as an off day or a 3 day split like pushing muscles, pulling muscles, legs, off.. if u are newer focus on compound lifts. lol at every time manuel says ur on *ass* ^^^

Starting the SL 5*5 Monday. Gonna work out the exact details tonight bit should be interesting. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

its a great starter. go thru it once to get the program down. then after that u can add/subtract anything u want. i cant remember the exact workout for sl but i think A is squat, bench, barbell row and B is squat, overhead press, deadlift?? or something close to that. once u get comfortable u can add more, like say incline bench and close grip bench on workout A to go with your normal bench press. or whatever other assistance work you might want to add in there to help with a weaker body part. i like to alternate weighted situps and hyperextensions as well.

if ur 16 focus on that 5x5 workout. those compound lifts like squats and deadlift are the basis of any good routine and any real strength. compound movements incorporate numerous muscle groups which unlike isolation exercises allows them to have good carry over and increase strength of other lifts. do it once then move up to like bill star 5x5 or something. just make sure u have good form. get help from more experienced ppl at the gym. squats and deadlift can really damage ur back if done poorly

Top Bottom