Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Truth or Myth? does a weight lifting belt makes waist smaller?

musclexxx

I have seen some guys at the gym working out with lifting belts and when I asked them they told me they help you to narrow your mid section while your chest and back expand giving you a nice shape, is that true?

even if that was true it is retarded. so they are admitting they are creating imbalances!! not a smart idea. how are you supposed to get stronger when you restrict your waist size? ever see a powerlifter who squats heavy? they don't have skinny ass glutes, waist and quads for a reason.

I encourage people to lift raw. never use a belt, straps, gloves, or wraps when you lift UNLESS you have some sort of medical reason for doing that. that is how you cause imbalances.

The reverse is actually true.

The abdominal muscles are made up of two sets of muscles -
your rectus abdominus. This is the 8 pack you see
and the transverse abdominus. This is your abdominal internal seat belt that lies under the 8 pack

When you train without a weight belt, your transverse abdominus muscles have to work to keep your internal organs intact so you don't get a hernia when lifting weights.

When you train with a weight belt, your transverse abdominus do not have to work and your stomach will become larger as a result.

We have discussed this on our most recent evolutionary.org podcast so subscribe and have a listen. Basically using a belt will weaken your core and do the opposite of what you want. It is always a better idea to lift raw.

Top Bottom