Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Triceps??

Thats a very good point timtim, This may be a stupid question but what are french curls?
Also could you elaborate on the HIIT?

french curls are a db exercise., you sit down and do overhead db extension, both hands on the same db.

hiit is just 1 total set with the heaviest weight possible for as many reps as possible. when you modify hiit for bbing purposes, you stick to 1 muscle group and do 3 to 4 total sets, 1 set per exercise. figure a db bench press with your heaviest weight, lets say 100 lbs dbs, and you do 1 set for as many reps as you can. it should be a low number, definately below 15 or you need to go heavier.

french curls are a db exercise., you sit down and do overhead db extension, both hands on the same db.

hiit is just 1 total set with the heaviest weight possible for as many reps as possible. when you modify hiit for bbing purposes, you stick to 1 muscle group and do 3 to 4 total sets, 1 set per exercise. figure a db bench press with your heaviest weight, lets say 100 lbs dbs, and you do 1 set for as many reps as you can. it should be a low number, definately below 15 or you need to go heavier.

Thanks very much im going to try the HIIT in my next workout!

its simple your overtraining them. cut the tri work in half. try throwing in a few sets of rev grip or close grip bench on chest day and thats it. its an extreme opposite but its a start and you can go from there.

My triceps are my best body part. Now I've always had large triceps even back in high school, so maybe it doesn't matter what exercises I do, but I certainly feel like my tricep routine works the best for me.

seated db extension (or french curls as already stated) : 1 warmup set, 2 heavy sets 4-6 reps
weighted dips : 2 heavy sets at least 6 reps
skullcrushers (or cable pushdowns) : 2 heavy sets 4-6 reps

My triceps all the way around and up to the elbow get hit pretty hard every week. I generally don't do close grip bench. It's a good exercise, I just grow better off those three lifts.

I agree with the others that you're doing too many sets. Get rid of the kickbacks. And I also agree with the other guy who said just start with doing some close grip bench at first on your chest day, and maybe do the 2-3 sets of french curls to start out.

Top Bottom