Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

triceps woes

quite frankly islandgirl, we need to workout together. hee hee. my tris are what I like working out, and my bis don't respond - they get all big and pumped, but I haven't increased weight in ages.

well, how about around August 12th? I think I'll be in your area then :)

IslandGirl said:
Thanks fitfossil - I've never tried pressdowns with a rope before - I'll give it a shot during my next tris workout.

What other muscle group(s) do you combine tris with during your workout? Also, do you superset those 3 exercises that you mentioned? How many sets of each do you do?

Thanks for your input!

It varies what other muscle groups I work my tris with. In my last split, I worked chest and tris (because tris get some work in chest exercises like bench press). Right now, I'm doing a split where I work shoulders/bis/tris. Generally, I do 2 or 3 different exercises with 3 sets each.

Sometimes I superset, sometimes I don't. If you want to prioritize tris, do them before bis. I'll alternate which I do first. If you're wanting to add size, then generally do your mass-building exercises first (like pressdowns), before doing detailing exercises (like kickbacks). Of course, I switch that around too every now and then.

Sometimes I do drop sets, where I'll go to failure at one weight, lower the weight and keep right on going to failure again (and maybe again) with no rest in between.

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom